Breakfast/ gym

Options
Hi everyone can anyone help with the best thing to eat before morning gym session? TIA

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I go first thing in the morning, very early, fasted, and bring my water bottle. My daughter has a banana and piece of toast.

It’s an individual preference.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting or doing cardio? If you are lifting you should have something well balanced as far as fat, carbs and protein. If you are doing cardio, go in fasted.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    It's a personal preference. Obviously don't be eating a 5 course meal.

For me, a banana and a couple of dates are enough before weight training.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    When I went to the gym before work I used to bring a protein smoothie in a spill-proof shaker cup and sip as hunger dictated.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    I eat a Coco Lite Pop Cake (big cracker-like thing) with crunchy peanut butter, some kefir, and some hot vanilla skim milk about 15-20 minutes before spin class. I can't work long enough for a full class at my desired intensity if I don't eat; and I have the cast-iron digestive system of a peasant, so eating doesn't cause any digestive distress.

If I'm rowing (on the river), I need more carbs, so I switch the pop cake for an Ezekiel pita.

These choices are very individualized. Some people work out well fasted; some people have more sensitive digestive systems. Experiment to see what works for you.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    90 minutes or so before I head out to the gym I eat overnight oats (only I make it when I get up and let it sit there until I am ready for it) with rolled oats, kefir, cinnamon, & sometimes 113 g of cottage cheese or half a serving of vanilla Premier protein added depending on how hungry I feel.