Obsessed with sweets!

axleo7
axleo7 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I know it is near impossible but I want to find good, almost like the real thing, alternatives for donuts, chocolate, cake, etc

Someone cook me something! 😭

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Just eat them in smaller amounts. Eat half a donut. A mini slice of cake. One piece of chocolate. I keep a box of Lindor chocolates around. One is 70 calories.

Alternatively there are lots of recipes for cakes that use substitute ingredients to cut down calories. I like these: https://thebettyrocker.com/peanut-butter-chocolate-cupcakes-gluten-free-dairy-free/
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I replaced my larger sweets (donuts, cake, brownie, etc) with smaller sweets. Now I keep cookies, lindor, godiva, etc in the house. I also try to avoid things that can go stale, so i don't feel pressured to eat poorly when I don't have the calories in the budget.

When I do feel the need for larger item, I try to get something that is already portioned. So I get a cupcake pack instead of a cake, to help me eat a serving (since my idea of a cake slice might be different than yours, and you can't put cake back if you cut it too big), or brownie bites.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    I’m on a low glycemic diet - I bake goods- but use no sugar and i use lower glycemic flours. Instead of cake - how about a lighter mousse? Instead of a donut how about a lighter crepe?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I have candy kisses in freezer and eat 2 a day. I also freeze the mini cupcakes. For some reason I can stop with these, maybe because they are in the freezer.
  • SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    I’m exactly the same. Just like other members, I still eat it but in much smaller quantities. Its almost impossible to cut out sugary treats completely in terms of a long term diet. I keep a small bag of individually wrapped treats, leave it in the pantry and have one whenever I feel that kick. If you want a piece of cake or sweets, treat yourself! Definitely don’t beat yourself up if you do, it’s ok to eat a donut now and then! It’s all about moderation!!
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I put a container of raspberries in the microwave for 30 seconds and then mashed them up with Stevia. Awesome.
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    I’m hooked on chocolate chip rice cakes or seeet popcorn. Or 100cal choc mousse pots
  • LilOddOne
    LilOddOne Posts: 3 Member
    My fiance is OBSESSED with keeping blueberries in our freezer. Mashed up, with a little stevia its a good ice cream sub
  • LilOddOne
    LilOddOne Posts: 3 Member
    I also like putting chopped up strawberries in almond milk with stevia. Stir well. Its a nice change up from cereal.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Bake small cookies. I use a 1.5 tbsp. scoop for my cookie dough. Depending on the cookie, they usually run about 100 calories each. Plus, you can portion out and freeze cookie dough. Bake what you want, give away the rest or freeze the dough for later.

In a similar vein, cupcakes or mini cupcakes, since they're already portioned out. Go light on the frosting, since that may have more calories than the cake itself, or try something like low calorie ice cream instead of frosting. Cupcakes and frostings can also be frozen. Eat what you want, give away or freeze the rest.

While we're on the subject of low calorie ice creams, Enlightened makes some really good ones. If you'd prefer not to buy a pint, several flavors come in bars that are 100 calories or less depending on the flavor. I like the frozen hot cocoa.

Individually wrapped chocolates, if you're able to stop at the number you intended to eat. I recommend Ghirardelli squares because it's a decent mid-range chocolate available in most grocery stores, and the squares are relatively large for 50-75 calories depending on the variety.

If you like protein bars, some of them satisfy my sweet cravings while also getting me some protein and fiber. I like several chocolate Quest bar varieties.
  • viviankessler
    viviankessler Posts: 3 Member
    I like Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bars. Fudge bar are 80 calories with 6 gr. protein. They are very good.