So Sad, This Doggie Loved

Options
2bFitNTrim
2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
"Navy SEAL, U.S. Petty Officer 1st Class Jon T. Tumilson was killed on August 6 in the tragically successful attack by Taliban insurgents that took down a Chinook helicopter with 29 of his fellow soldiers. At Tumilson’s funeral held earlier this week in Rockford, Iowa, his dog Hawkeye paid his final respects by walking up to the casket and lying down in front of it. The image of this crestfallen puppy was taken by Tumilson’s cousin Lisa Pembleton."

Quote from local news site. My profile pic is the dog in question at the funeral . So touching, isn't it? :cry:

Replies

• morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    that is sooooooo sad =(
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    very touching! :brokenheart:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Awwwww
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    That made me tear up. :cry:
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just another example of uncontiional love from an animal/ pet. So very sad :(
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :cry: that's so sad!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    http://www.uswardogs.org/

Honor, courage, loyalty.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I just watched the news clip on this...very sad. :(
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Good dog.
  • XiaoRuRu
    XiaoRuRu Posts: 83
    Options
    Ok. I'm crying. There is nothing like the love of a dog. And they can't understand why we're gone. Heartbreaking.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    That's touching and heartbreaking at the same time.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44271018/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/#.TlaEhBwSEpQ

Here's a link to an article about it that a friend shared with me this morning. I definitely teared up while reading this, so touching but so heartbreaking at the same time.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Wow..... that is heart breaking ='(
  • msbeavert
    Options
    I saw this on msnbc earlier and sent the link to the girls I work with. The whole office was in tears within minutes. And the weird thing is, this kind of stuff never bothered me until my brother (an officer) got his two K9's Krypto and Loki; now I'm a big baby about working dogs.
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So tragic to be losing service men & women at war - they are all too young & their lives too short. It's lovely that his best friend is going to look after his beloved dog he's left behind.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend showed me that clip....very sweet and touching...Of course I'm definitely a dog lover and he's more of a cat person so he didn't like it when I told him, "You see???? Dogs ARE better companions and MORE loyal."
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That was a very emotional clip, just shows how unconditional dogs can be in their love.