Lost 60lbs so far

Yes, I have lost up to 60 pounds so far since January of this year by simply monitoring my calorie intake and Being mindful about when I eat as much is what I eat. I like many in this post have the mindset that I didn’t want to injure myself trying to work out before I got myself to a healthier weight. That will be step two in my journey to a healthier me, now that I have reached a healthier weight I will begin a fitness regime that I help me get into better shape and feel better. I started on January 2 of this year not as a New Year’s resolution I rather just realizing I had to make changes in my lifestyle. On January 2 I weigh 279 pounds as of yesterday I weighed 219.

Replies

• hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    Yes, I have lost up to 60 pounds so far since January of this year by simply monitoring my calorie intake and Being mindful about when I eat as much is what I eat. I like many in this post have the mindset that I didn’t want to injure myself trying to work out before I got myself to a healthier weight. That will be step two in my journey to a healthier me, now that I have reached a healthier weight I will begin a fitness regime that I help me get into better shape and feel better. I started on January 2 of this year not as a New Year’s resolution I rather just realizing I had to make changes in my lifestyle. On January 2 I weigh 279 pounds as of yesterday I weighed 219.
    Congratulations
    Did you watch your carbs or any other macro. I know it sounds stupid but what would you credit your loss to. Share some details/pointer which you think mostly helped you to achieve this. I’m
    36 184 lb mom of two. I want to lose around 50 l b. I’m 5feet. Never exercise my whole life so can’t take jumping jack/mountain climbers at the moment but definitely plan to get active as soon as I can handle it

• efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    60 pounds in 4 months is an awesome feat! Keep up the excellent work 👍
  • LittleLightShine
    LittleLightShine Posts: 123 Member
    Wow! That's a lot since January. You must be feeling great and are going to feel even better adding a fitness routine! Congratulations!!
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Well done on the weight loss !!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    congrats on the massive WL....
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    That is awesome! I would be interested in how you altered you diet to be that successful. I know you are not supposed to lose weight for a specific event but I have something in late August that I’d love to lose weight for (and continue afterwards of course). Will you share your calories or what you cut/included to aid you in your AMAZING progress?
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    congrats!!!!!! 60 lbs is amazing :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    That's just tremendous...YOU ROCK, period.
  • Rebekkah51119
    Rebekkah51119 Posts: 2 Member
    Phenomenal progress!!! 👍👍👏👏
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    edited May 2019
    That's great! Congrats on your progress! Having that switch flipped in your head that you need to change yourself is the key to success IMO. For me, it switched on Feb 14 this year(the day I convinced most of my family to do this with me). I'm down 53 lbs since then and have tremendous momentum. I still have 154 to go till goal however. My luck is down 24 and my sister is at 22. Were all doing great!

Congrats again and hope your amazing progress continues!
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member

Thats awesome! I've lost 47 since February. You can add me if you like.
  • debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    Anyone can add me if you would like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!