Booze... Suggestions

Options
what do people recommend as the best options for alcoholic drinks? I have heard so many conflicting suggestions!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Whatever you enjoy the most. Just account for it in your caloric intake (workout earlier in the day if you know you are going to have a few)
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If I feel the need for alcohol, I'll drink a gin and slimline tonic because I think that has the least calories in!! But if you're reeeeally dying for a good drink just have whatever you fancy and make sure you work it off the next day!!
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    hi :)
    have what you want and just log it then work out although i have vodka :D X
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Cold and free are my favorites..
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you get through the day. Ususally I just sip on vodka all day long at work, then Bacardi 151 in the evenings. I don't eat much food though. Too many calories.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    It depends what you enjoy, really. As the others have said, no point in drinking stuff just because it's lower in calories, if you're not going to enjoy it.

However, in general, I'd avoid most cocktails and beer. Wine for sipping, a good malt whisky, or vodka with something low cal (tomato juice is my preference) are probably the best.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Tequila.. it makes you do CRAZY things. :wink:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I guess the less sugar the better, that way most calories are from alcohol.
    So shots!!!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Cold and free are my favorites..

LOL....yes cold & free

I am a beer drinker and had greatly cut back and am ashamed to say when I do drink a beer during the week I have a MGD 64, 64 calories and tasted like water somebody spilled a drop of beer into...sigh I miss you Blue Moon.

Skinny Girl Margarita's are good.

Just stay away from high sugar daiquiris and wine coolers, as long as you fit whatever you are drinking into your calorie allowance for the day you will be fine.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I love it all. So many calories though! :( Don't know if I can pass up beer during the football game tonight though lol
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Q: What king of beer do you like?

A: An open one.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny girl margaritas, but really, just factor in the calories of what you're going to drink. Remember, beers and other malt beverages have way more calories than liquor.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Q: What king of beer do you like?

A: An open one.
    Q: how do you knwo when you've had too much?

A: I run out
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Whatever you enjoy the most. Just account for it in your caloric intake (workout earlier in the day if you know you are going to have a few)

Yes, this is the best advice. Calorie wise distilled liquor is lowest IF chasers or mixers are calorie free. But it's also hardest on your organs so giving up beer or wine in favor of it isn't really doing your body a favor.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Scotch in the winter, tequila in the summer, a beer on a hot day.
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    what do people recommend as the best options for alcoholic drinks? I have heard so many conflicting suggestions!

I have been having Light Martinis very good.....
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Watch you mixed drinks.... I blame all my weight on Long Island Iced Tea...stick with vodka
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Whiskey/Gin/Rum/Vodka and seltzer water are the ones I get the best bang for the buck on.

My problem with alcohol isn't the calories though, it's how much harder it is to work out the next day (at least when you drink the way I do)
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    I prefer cranberry vodkas or white wine~
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    Scotch in the winter, tequila in the summer, a beer on a hot day.

vodka in the winter vodka in the summer vodka rocks on a hot day :tongue: