16:8 fasters what is your eating and calorie schedule?

Options
nocgirl72
nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
edited May 2019 in Food and Nutrition
I like this since it keeps me disciplined. I eat less. And I pretty much eat every 2 hours or so. The schedule I’m on is roughly 11:30-7 is my eating window.

Problem is I’m not getting in my calories. I guess my way of thinking is that if I eat too much in one meal I won’t lose weight.

Righty now I eat a decent size breakfast at 11:30. Mine was 300 calories and I had a breakfast burrito on high fiber whole wheat tortilla with some strawberries. Then 2 hrs later had 1/2 small avocado on toast. 90?’in later had fage 0% Greek yogurt with strawberries. Dinner was chicken in whole wheat tortilla with riced cauliflower. Dessert no sugar added fudge pop with pb2.

Seems like a lot of food and I’m at 867 calories. I am totally full right now and my eating window is over. Yes I worked out today so I didn’t even include the calories I burned.

101 carbs
31g fiber
Sugar is at 30g or below
Fat is at 25 I think

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I’m currently following an 18:6 fasting:feeding schedule but am flexible because my mission has been accomplished. Today, for example, I did a 60-minute run mid-afternoon on a warm day and it took me a while before I was ready to eat. Therefore, today’s feeding window was almost 7 hours.

I currently try to start feeding at noon and be done by 6:00 pm but am interested in trying to move the window earlier. For me, it’s more challenging to do this in the summer.

I don’t have a problem getting my calories in regardless of my feeding window. Recently, I did 22:2 eating at maintenance and had no problem. I do exercise 4 to 5 days a week and this ups my calories requirement.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Eating so little is just as unhealthy as eating too much. Eating big meals will not make you gain weight, as long as you don't go over your calorie goal.

The meals you're describing sound like snacks to me. Eat more food at each meal. Eat more calorie dense items if you need to, like higher fat yogurt, adding dressings or condiments, real peanut butter instead of pb2.

If after a couple of weeks you aren't able to eat a reasonable amount of calories, consider that you might need to eat outside of your window and revisit this another time. Starving yourself is a bad idea, and I'd bet your protein is low too which makes muscle loss far more likely.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    I do 16:8 ...I am also a keto'er ...my eating window is noon until 8pm....
  • foxygal3315
    foxygal3315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat at noon and then again at 7pm, and no snacking in between. I am no hungry in the mornings so a cup of coffee with a Tab of heavy cream is all that I need. For lunch and dinner I eat Keto food until I feel full, I’m sticking pretty close to my percentages. Good luck
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    I guess my way of thinking is that if I eat too much in one meal I won’t lose weight.

I just want to make sure you know this ^^ is NOT true, right?

I'm with Kimney, use 2% Fage and add some cheese to that wrap. Just add in a few extra calories, it's easy to do. Maybe a half cup of cottage cheese or some more avocado.

Under eating is just as bad as over eating.