Looking for other 1200 cal/day MFP'ers!

Options
Hi there, I'm looking for other (short & sedentary) MFP'ers who are looking for someone to stay accountable with! I love all my higher calorie friends but it definitely makes me feel some sort of way when their recorded lunch is equal to ~75% of my day's calories.

Feel free to add or post here!

Replies

• CieAilZai
    CieAilZai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm short and sedentary. I'm doing a 1200 cal zig zag diet.
  • sadiegirl25
    sadiegirl25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is the zigzag diet? I'm short but not sedentary and on a 1200 call a day diet. Are you losing weight. At the end of week one,, I lost 0.lbs and am discouraged. Wondering if low carb diet is for me but I don't like a lot of the foods. Could you support
  • Britt_Duffy
    Britt_Duffy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm short to average (just under 5'5") and eat about 1200 cals a day, though I do go over that too! I'm mainly focused on my macros per my nutritionist, but i log EVERYTHING because she audits MFP for me regularly. Happy to be a friend if that helps!
  • notfatter
    notfatter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day. Usually the lesser amount. I’m 165cm, 53 yrs. I’m not sedentary but highly active. I train 6 days a week which includes a combination of running, swimming, gym, strength and stretching exercises. I have been doing IF 16/8 for 3 years.
    MFP is my best friend and I wouldn’t be without it. You don’t have to deprive yourself of all the yummy things just rejig the amount and frequency.
    Good luck and keep chipping away.
  • BMIto25
    BMIto25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a short & sedentary one too! I have been cal counting since January (really just trying to eat below 1500 cal) and have slowly lost a few pounds. Now I'm trying to up the ante so going for 1200 cal/day. Would be great to hear how you're getting on with this!
  • niclogan2019
    niclogan2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m short (5’ 1”), moderately active and new to this. I have been counting calories since January. 1200 a day seems to be working as I am down 5lbs. Hope to see more as I have become more active in the last two weeks by going to a gym.
    Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add.😊
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    What is the zigzag diet? I'm short but not sedentary and on a 1200 call a day diet. Are you losing weight. At the end of week one,, I lost 0.lbs and am discouraged. Wondering if low carb diet is for me but I don't like a lot of the foods. Could you support

A zig-zag diet is also known as calorie shifting or a rotation diet.

Let's say you want to lose 1 pound a week (3,500 calorie deficit). If your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure....maintenance) was, let's say, 1900 calories a zig-zag diet might look like this:

M - 1200, T - 1200, W - 1200, Th - 1200, F - 1200, Sa - 1900, Su - 1900

That's a 700 calorie deficit (5x700) for 5 days and maintenance on the weekends. Shifting extra calories to a weekend can help some people stay in track.

Google your maintenance - http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

If you are close to goal (10-15 pounds) a 1/2 pound a week goal might be more plausible. Don't throw in the towel after one week. Water weight goes up and down. Water weight will go down on a low carb diet, but this is not fat loss. Fat loss takes time. Water weight can go up for many reasons, sore muscles, higher sodium meals, time of month, waste cycle, etc.

Be patient, weight loss is not linear. Short folks should expect slower losses.