Exercise suggestions?

Options
Does anybody have any suggestions as to some good calorie burning exercise that I can do in my home? I do go for a light job for 30 minutes every night although it's getting EXTREMELY hot out so it's getting more and more difficult for me to keep that up.

I want something vigorous and calorie burning that I can do in my house until the weather cools down outside. Everything I do doesn't feel like it's doing much anymore. I do kickbacks, sit-ups, side crunches, abdominal leg raises almost every second day, but it doesn't feel like those are working anymore. Help?

Replies

• jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. I am the outdoor exercise type, not one for exercise videos or treadmills, but I really do like this video. Quick, but effective. You don't get bored, but you do get sweaty!! Cheap, too, I got mine at target for $8. All you need is 2 or 3lb weights, or you can even use two water bottles. maybe a mat if you're on a hard surface.
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Insanity!
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    Ever tried any kickboxing or something like P90X, Turbo Fire, or Insanity. They're high intensity workouts. I hope you find something that will satisfy you.

*smiles*

Jean
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Power Yoga.

Jillian Michael's DVD is only $8 at Target and is a full body workout.
  • butterflimom
    Options
    Taebo dvds are good. You can burn up to 400 calories in 30 minutes and they aren't very expensive. I got an elliptical from Wal Mart for just a few hundred, cheaper to me than a gym. I tend to burn 400-600 calories in about 30 minutes. Also, there are Walk at Home Dvds for about $10 and you avg about 100 calories per mile or every 15 minutes with these.
    Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but hope it helps :)
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    I second the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. Also her ripped in 30 kicks it up a notch. Amazing work out. It has transformed my body completely. Zumba videos are a great workout and fun too.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • perkins2011
    Options
    i do her video too and she kicks my BUTT!!!
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    Dancing :)
  • erica_gut
    Options
    Insanity or Zumba :)
  • punpunks28
    punpunks28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zumba - going to a class is super fun too. I am an instructor and do this everyday and I love it!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I agree the videos are great. I love to just jog in place...it's a really good burn and also love to crank up the music and dance my butt off. (as long as no one is watching) lol. Just get creative. I've also been working out inside due to the heat. Good luck!
  • mirnymirn
    Options
    Do you watch "The Biggest Loser"? If you do, you might want to buy any of the Biggest Loser DVD's, and here's why: The familiarity of seeing Bob telling you, not the contestants, to exercise will give you motivation. Also seeing the contestants actually doing the exercises and knowing how much they lost and the motivation they had will motivate you.

This is just a mentally good DVD to watch (if you are a fan of Biggest Loser). Any of the already suggested ones will work great as well!
  • Kt110
    Kt110 Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow thanks! I'm definitely going to try some of these. I have heard an elliptical is a good way to burn calories so I'm thinking about purchasing one. The Jillian Micheal's DVD sounds like it's a good workout too.

I have a friend who does Zumba and she says it's really fun to do. I'm definitely going to get some of these DVDs and see how they work.

Thanks everyone!
  • Kt110
    Options
    Do you watch "The Biggest Loser"? If you do, you might want to buy any of the Biggest Loser DVD's, and here's why: The familiarity of seeing Bob telling you, not the contestants, to exercise will give you motivation. Also seeing the contestants actually doing the exercises and knowing how much they lost and the motivation they had will motivate you.

This is just a mentally good DVD to watch (if you are a fan of Biggest Loser). Any of the already suggested ones will work great as well!

I have watched the biggest loser and it actually does make me feel motivated. I've never thought about buying the DVDs though. Perhaps I'll give that a shot for some motivation :smile:
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Try This!

http://www.nowloss.com/at-home-jumping-jack-weight-loss-workout-routine.htm

Also, take ur time and go through this website there are various Interval workouts...

There is a DVD that is totally FREE even shipping...

I just learned myself; that you should switch up ur exercises it's called "muscle confusion" doing the same routine over and over can cause you to plateau.

Hope this helps.
  • Kt110
    Options
    Try This!

http://www.nowloss.com/at-home-jumping-jack-weight-loss-workout-routine.htm

Also, take ur time and go through this website there are various Interval workouts...

There is a DVD that is totally FREE even shipping...

I just learned myself; that you should switch up ur exercises it's called "muscle confusion" doing the same routine over and over can cause you to plateau.

Hope this helps.

Wow! Thanks. This website is awesome!
  • dannylives
    dannylives Posts: 611
    Options
    Look into "Circuit Training."