i'm frustrated with myself...

Options
I always seem to be in the mindset that i'm trying to get back on track. either my track is only a day or two, or i just get distracted and find another path. (oohh shiney!) i've put on 8 pounds in the past year from my low of 165, and apparantly i'm just not being consistent enough to get it back off. I'm mostly venting. I log for a day and workout for a day or two, but then i just seem to forget the next few days. i'm not sure what to do with myself at this point. thanks for listening.

heidi

Replies

• cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    Options
    Well you know you have a problem, you have to just DO IT
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    hang in there, but push through!! We are rooting for you!!
  • meghanb30
    meghanb30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It may help if you find a workout buddy or have someone check in with you everyday to make sure your getting your workout. Its hard for me too. but as long as I'm accountable to someone then it makes it easier to stay on track. Hope this helps.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Just exercise and log everyday until it becomes habit just like breathing. You can do this!!!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    How do you remember to do the other things in your life? Just add this to the list or set a reminder.
  • Penelope_373
    Penelope_373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration with the logging daily. I don't think the "logging" is as important as the "doing". If you are conscious about what you are eating and exercising daily then don't be so hard on yourself. Some people really need to log everything to keep them in check. If you are able to maintain (stay within your calories) and get your exercise in without logging, don't worry too much about it! If you do need to log daily, have you tried the app for your smartphone? It might be helpful and more convenient. Not saying this is right or wrong, I am no expert, but it helps me alot if I plan out my day first thing in the morning (or the night before) and log what I plan to eat and my exercise goal. Then I know exactly where I am at and also, since I already recorded it, I feel as if I have to stick to it!!! I print it out and throw it in my bag then I am not guessing the rest of the day. Does it take some planning ahead and prepping so I have healthy food choices rather than just grabbing something on the go? Yeah, but it is a behavior shift that is necessary in order for me to reach my goal! I used to be really good at this and lost 50 lbs. Then I got complacent, and guess what....20 little buggers came back! But I knew what I had to do and thankfully found MFP. It has already made such a positive impact in my life.

Another thing that helps me is to make a list of things that I MUST do in order to change my behavior, make new habits, and reach my goals. Then I prioritize the MOST important of those and work on that until it does become habit, and then go on to the next on my list. Remember, we aren't going to become experts overnight and should not overload ourselves with too much at once or we are not going to stick with it. So don't be so hard on yourself and good luck to you!
  • cjstrong
    cjstrong Posts: 54
    Options
    I get paranoid when i dont log, i guess you need to get a mindset like that.