GCN's most recent weight loss video

Options
aokoye
aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
GCN (the Global Cycling Network) just uploaded a pretty good video on weight loss and why people might be having difficulty with it via cycling. They also have a nice illustration of how easy it is to out eat your deficit while also noting that there are some easy changes to avoid doing so. They then go into calculating calories burnt via cycling and the inaccuracies that come from using things like HR, the importance of eating enough calories, water weight, the importance of recognizing trends in weight loss, etc.

The major issue is the brief sentence about "starvation mode" but it's maybe two sentences out of a 15 min video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fne9-LW0ivc

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I don't like woo any more than anyone else, but I can forgive a brief mention of starvation mode. Basically have to, woo is so common (even my doctor said something about leaky gut syndrome) that you can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Thanks for posting an excellent video! :smile:
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I don't like woo any more than anyone else, but I can forgive a brief mention of starvation mode. Basically have to, woo is so common (even my doctor said something about leaky gut syndrome) that you can't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Thanks for posting an excellent video! :smile:

Yeah I only pointed it out because I wanted to head off any, "they said talked about starvation mode!" I suppose I shouldn't have said "major" and replaced it with "only" ;)