365 solid days of tracking/70 pounds gone!

Melh1969
Melh1969 Posts: 29 Member
Today makes exactly 365 days since I started using MFP. I had lost about 10 pounds before I started and then 60 pounds from a year ago today - for a grand total of 70 pounds. I am beyond thrilled! It has made such a positive impact on my health (I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis about 15 years ago) and energy level. I had such little hope of getting here. I've been on the weight loss merry-go-round so many times before. I always resisted tracking my food in the past ("I don't need to do that, I know how much I eat!") but I've learned so much by finally doing it that I could just kick myself for being so stubborn. I'm so excited to see what this next year brings. :)

Replies

• momefee
    momefee Posts: 66 Member
    Great job!! Very inspiring.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 279 Member
    Awesome job! Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • sarebearr
    sarebearr Posts: 59 Member
    Congratulations! Such an incredible accomplishment. Do you have any tips for how to successfully lose it?
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Great good news item - well done OP !
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Awesome job!
  • echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    60 pounds in one year is excellent.

Not too fast, not too slow.
  • khsh08
    khsh08 Posts: 10 Member
    That's awesome. I definitely slacked after about 180 days of tracking but overall I am still down 75 pounds since March 2018. I'm just getting back into it to try and lose another 65 pounds! Let's all keep cheering each other on.
  • Bowyer
    Bowyer Posts: 5 Member
    Congrats, that is dedication and the results speak for themselves. It makes me fell good about losing 8 pounds in 8 weeks. I just need to be confident that slow and steady is the way to go.
  • cgu0477
    cgu0477 Posts: 2 Member
    Melh1969 wrote: »
    Today makes exactly 365 days since I started using MFP. I had lost about 10 pounds before I started and then 60 pounds from a year ago today - for a grand total of 70 pounds. I am beyond thrilled! It has made such a positive impact on my health (I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis about 15 years ago) and energy level. I had such little hope of getting here. I've been on the weight loss merry-go-round so many times before. I always resisted tracking my food in the past ("I don't need to do that, I know how much I eat!") but I've learned so much by finally doing it that I could just kick myself for being so stubborn. I'm so excited to see what this next year brings. :)

Wow, congrats!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Congrats, that is amazing!!
  • kelatki
    kelatki Posts: 16 Member
    Excellent job! Keep it going :-)
  • Melh1969
    Thanks so much for all the encouragement!
  • Melh1969
    sarebearr wrote: »
    Congratulations! Such an incredible accomplishment. Do you have any tips for how to successfully lose it?

I guess if there's one thing I would suggest it would be to make changes you can live with so that you're more likely to stick with them. My husband has been losing weight too and we talk about this a lot. He prefers a more "keto" approach while I just like logging my food and keeping my calories low enough to lose. We're both approaching it differently, but we're both successful. I don't think weight loss is a "one size fits all" proposition and I think that's why so many people try and fail. They think if they're not following some particular diet they can't do it, but then they hate the changes required by that diet and give up after a while. You just have to find what suits you and stick with it regardless of what other people say is the "right" way to lose. : )
  • jnjsnana
    jnjsnana Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on your success! Love reading success stories like yours. Thank you so much for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!