4 days in, so tired.

Options
Today's is day four of getting healthy ... yay!! I have noticed thought that at night I am exhausted. I work in a factory, I do a lot of walking, so right now I'm just focused on the calories.
Have no doubt I will add in more exercise later.
My question is why do I feel more tired now than before?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Are your calories too restrictive? Are you doing low carb?
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    without knowing how you are working on getting healthy here are two general thoughts:

1. You are eating too few calories and not getting the energy you need. Make sure you aren't trying to be too aggressive/fast with your loss, you want to form sustainable habits. Make sure you are weighing everything accurately so you aren't underestimating or overestimating calorie levels.

2. It is mental fatigue from having to start new healthy habits. If you are trying to change a lot at once, step back to just one or two small changes and let those become habit before moving on to other goals.

Example of goal breakdown from my personal experience:
    1: Log everything accurately without changing eating habits, work on drinking more water throughout the day
    2: Work on sticking to serving sizes for each meal. Weighing and label reading was a hard habit to start.
    3: Choose healthier breakfast items (the largest calorie meal of my day, easiest change)
    4: Choose healthier work snacks, experiment with what fills me up so I don't graze all day.
    5: Add exercise to schedule. Form habit of getting up and moving every day, didn't care how hard it was
    6: Find and follow a workout schedule to balance muscles being worked, and to balance strength vs. cardio workouts
    7(current): Adjust workout intensity to current level, don't let myself do an "easy" workout or make excuses to skip the day
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Today's is day four of getting healthy ... yay!! I have noticed thought that at night I am exhausted. I work in a factory, I do a lot of walking, so right now I'm just focused on the calories.
    Have no doubt I will add in more exercise later.
    My question is why do I feel more tired now than before?

What is your height and weight?
    How many calories are you eating?
    Do you have any stress or anxiety about your diet?
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for help or commiseration, you'll have to provide us with more details.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If you're doing low calorie as a newbie its going to affect you in some way, especially if you aren't eating enough. Think of it like this, say you were eating 3000 calories before and now you're eating say 1200 (just plucked a random number)...it makes sense your body will be feeling it. Without knowing more its hard to say why you might be exhausted.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I personally get really exhausted when I first start out, too. For me, I think it is a mental thing. BUT. It could also mean you are possibly eating/drinking too little. Just be careful, and best of luck in your journey!
  • ilovekiwis
    ilovekiwis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're likely burning more calories at work than you realize. I know how labor intense those factory jobs are! Have some extra healthy snacks to combat the fatigue. The weight will still come off without a problem. Best of luck.