What am I supposed to eat???

Options
So, I am a vegetarian-- limiting saturated fat due to high cholesterol--- limiting carbs and sugar due to prediabetes-- and NOW I was just told to limit raw vegetables, seeds, nuts and skin due to diverticulitis ... so what's left? :grumble: argh!! (Thanks for letting me vent)

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    =]]]] Look at my diary I'm vegan so those are the things I eat. I haven't really checkd my saturated fat lately.

You can make a ton of veggie stir frys those are my favorite lol
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. That sucks. But to answer your question:

Roast them! Grill them! Make soup! :)
  • chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    I would probably do a lot of homemade soups-
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    Sounds tough!! I eat quite a lot of bean dip and hummus - I know you can't live on them but they're tasty and filling.

Good luck!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    diverticulitis results from low fiber consumption. Could you drink something like Metamucil to help with that condition so you could eat those foods? Sounds like you will just need to cook the veggies.
  • Nancyjsp
    Nancyjsp Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you, Everyone. This site rocks!:flowerforyou:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I had a bout of the "D" before, just take Metamucil everyday
    and you will be fine per my doctor's advice.

You don't have to eliminate nuts and seeds and raw veges.
    I eat all of them with no troubles.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    I'm prone to diverticulitis and I started taking probiotics (acidophalus) a few months ago. I feel like it helps.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the portfolio diet? It's not a weight loss diet, but can easily be incorporated. It's been shown to lower LDL values as much as statins.

http://www.webmd.com/cholesterol-management/features/portfolio-diet-recipe-for-lower-cholesterol