Falling off the wagon when life is chaotic

Options
elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
Hey everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. Right now everything seems so chaotic and upside down, that I have completely fallen off the wagon, and surprisingly, I’m okay with that right now.

Not trying to have a pity party-just need to vent a bit. Found out last week that my sister in law (brothers wife) is dying and that her cancer has spread to several different organs. We knew she had cancer, but no one knew it was this bad (including her). Doctors estimate she has less than a month. Both families are a complete wreak.

On top of that, my one significant other’s mom has dementia and went missing over the weekend. Somehow she managed to wander out of her home while her home care aid was cooking dinner and we have no idea where she is. We are hoping she is at a hospital
As a Jane doe and that we will find her.

Thankfully my other significant other is extremely supportive. He’s been helping out the best he can, and trying to reduce stress levels in the house since 2 of us have major stress going on.

Sorry if this seems like a woe is me pity party. I just needed to vent a bit.

Replies

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Big hugs
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Thank You
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    *Hugs*
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hugs for you, sounds like a very difficult time.
    Look after yourself and don’t fret about the wagon, it will still be there when you are ready.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Hope you find some way to cope besides eating, journaling has helped me a lot during difficult times.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I think falling off the wagon now and then is natural. It's not permanent - you just climb on again when you are able.

When my father was dying of cancer I found baking, jigsaw puzzles and blogging very therapeutic. Hope you can find something to take the edge off the pain a little. Take care.
  • xcaranicolex
    xcaranicolex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just made a similar post. 2019 is kicking my *kitten*. I have nothing to say to help but I see you and i'd hug you if I could. ❤
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Big hugs to you and your family.

Give the babe, must be growing past that by now, an extra hug.

I know you will be fine being off track for a while, you’ve done it and bounced back before.

You are right, life’s emergencies, and coping with them, is so much more important than staying in track.

I have gone through quite a lot in the past couple years and, though being conscious, have let diet and exercise fall as they may.

Hope your mother in law (for want of a better term) is safe, and wishing your sister in-law a comfortable journey, as that is the best we can hope for.

Keep in touch, I love hearing from you.

Cheers, h.