Halfway to my goal

Options
CindyJNC1963
CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
I started MFP 7 months ago weighing 273 lbs. I'm 56 years old and only 5'2" tall. In October 2018 I had to take an airplane trip and was absolutely miserable. I could barely walk through the airport and I was fat shamed on the plane by a mean old woman. I decided then and there that it would never happen again. I came back from the trip and went to a weight loss clinic. My doctor recommended MFP. When I started I could barely walk from one end of the hall to the other. My resting heart rate was 75. I now walk 4 - 6 miles per day and my resting heart rate is 60. My bp and cholesterol have both dropped. So far I have lost a little over 70 lbs, which is halfway to my goal. I stick to 1350 calories per day along with my walking.

I only have one "before" picture because I generally refused to have my picture taken. The other two pictures here were taken yesterday. I still have a long way to go, but I'm happy with my progress.

u6whyel0y3vi.jpg
erkbjj3nrx69.jpg
h64pusw13ynn.jpg

Replies

• Mandy165
    Mandy165 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!! Good for you for making such a lifestyle change. You truly are an inspiration 😊
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have been hard at work, and it shows!
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Half way is an accomplishment for sure! And look at those non scale victories! Congrats!!
  • 147Fit
    147Fit Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and aiming for an 80 pound loss this year. Great job, stick to it!!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Fabulous work, congratulations!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a change. Great job, you've been working hard!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic progress!!! Congrats!
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So proud of your progress. You walk a lot!
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your dedication, can't wait to see you when you meet your goal!
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning and I read your story. Well done! So inspiring!
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,551 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! You should be very happy with your progress! Keep on you can do it!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That woman that fat shamed you, is probably a very unhappy woman on the inside. People like that are usually unhappy and hurting and deal with it by hurting others. But, congratulations to you for turning around what someone meant for pain and you turned it around into your motivation and victory. Your are a champion!
  • serendipity22
    serendipity22 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great. Also, forget about that mean old woman. I'm tired of people taking out frustrations about their own life by shaming others for the way they look.
  • skippedapaige
    skippedapaige Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and what an incredible transformation in such a short amount of time!!!! Talk about inspiration for my own weight loss journey!
  • cdurston50523
    cdurston50523 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow well done you have just given me motivation. And yes ignore that rude woman. Well done !
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So proud of you. How inspiring.
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Incredible and such a difference but you know what? I doesn't matter one jot what we think. What's important is that this is doing you good and you keep doing it not for that ignorant woman on the plane, or that person with snide comments behind your back, not even for us on MFP, do it for you. Do it for you because the only person that matters is you!
  • blessed2bHIS
    blessed2bHIS Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!