Little advice

Hello my diet hasn’t changed, still eating the same as I have but have increased exercise weekly. My weight seems to have gone up over 5lb since snd not sure why. My diary is public if anyone could offer advice please

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    The first thing that jumped out to me is I see loads of quick adds. There's no way of telling if that 400 quick add was actually 400 or in fact 450, or 500 or 800.
  • lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    Those are meals from gousto which I order to make and the recipe card totals the calories. I check the calories are correct on the card when it comes by adding it all up and weighing
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited May 2019
    increased exercise likely lead to water retention by muscles which is temporary.

rather than do quick add i'd recommend building the recipe in the recipe builder.
  • lisajames925
    I just did today’s ingredients individually so I think thAt is going to Help. Hopefully is water as I did four classes over the weekend, mainly as busy this week so can’t fit as many In . Thank you for tip regarding recipe builder
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Over what time period did your weight go up 5 pounds? If this happened quickly and you don't have reason to suspect that you were dramatically overeating, then it's partially or entirely water weight. Your increased exercise will cause temporary water weight gain as part of the normal muscle repair process.
  • lisajames925
    A week
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    If it keeps going up every week then you are likely gaining weight of the unwanted variety. If it's related to exercise-induced inflammation, you shouldn't notice additional gain and you might notice some drop. Also consider that a weekly fluctuation can be related to fluid retention.
  • lisajames925
    I think it’s most likely fluid as not over eaten. Had a naughty day today though with chocolate but first in months since I had any. Feel bit guilty but fancied a treat