High carb recipes?

Options
natashajade99
natashajade99 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2019 in Recipes
I am very underweight and trying to gain weight as quickly as possible, coming up with meal ideas is very difficult. Any ideas on high carbs meals will be great 😚

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is so easy. All the pastas and the breads. Have garlic bread with your meals.

I suggest drinking full fat milk with your meals instead of water.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Carry hikers mix and energy bars with you in your purse and snack on them through the day.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Fully loaded jacket potatoes with your meal.

Add a pat of butter to your rice.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Sunday - roast beef with buttered asparagus and loaded potatoes.
    Monday - beef and broccoli stir fry over rice.
    Tuesday - broccoli and ham casserole in a cream sauce with egg noodles and baked with loads of cheese.
    Wednesday - ham hero sandwich.
    Thursday - grilled cheese.
    Friday - breaded and fried chicken with sweet potato fries.
    Saturday - chicken Alfredo.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Per gram, fat has more calories than carbs, so I’m unclear about the reasoning behind eating high carb meals to gain weight quickly. To gain weight, you need to be in a calorie surplus, it doesn’t matter what your macros are. Healthy fats such as nuts and avocado are loaded with calories.

Drinking some of your calories may make it easier on you if you aren’t used to eating so much food.
  • natashajade99
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Sunday - roast beef with buttered asparagus and loaded potatoes.
    Monday - beef and broccoli stir fry over rice.
    Tuesday - broccoli and ham casserole in a cream sauce with egg noodles and baked with loads of cheese.
    Wednesday - ham hero sandwich.
    Thursday - grilled cheese.
    Friday - breaded and fried chicken with sweet potato fries.
    Saturday - chicken Alfredo.

These meals sound lovely and enjoyable Thankyou for the meal ideas I am very keen and excited on trying them all Thankyou 😀
  • natashajade99
    Options
    Per gram, fat has more calories than carbs, so I’m unclear about the reasoning behind eating high carb meals to gain weight quickly. To gain weight, you need to be in a calorie surplus, it doesn’t matter what your macros are. Healthy fats such as nuts and avocado are loaded with calories.

Drinking some of your calories may make it easier on you if you aren’t used to eating so much food.

I never knew this, I have recently been browsing about cabs and calories etc and have found that the more carbs you eat the more fat you will store, I am a very fussy eater and don’t eat a wide range of foods therefore I find eating healthy fats difficult with the rang of foods i would consume, this is a new journey for me and I have a long way to go, this information is important to me so Thankyou, what sort of drinks would be recommended as i believe this would be a great idea for me.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It’s a myth that eating carbs causes a larger percentage of calories to be stored as fat. Once your body is done meeting its needs (which includes repair and muscle building) all extra calories wind up as fat.

When my father was sick and had trouble gaining weight they suggested Ensure drinks to him. However, anything with high calories will help you out - basically you get to do the opposite of all the people trying to lose weight! A couple of sodas equals 300 calories of almost pure carbs. You can also make smoothies with full fat dairy, and add fillers such as nut butter to make them more caloric.
  • natashajade99
    Options
    It’s a myth that eating carbs causes a larger percentage of calories to be stored as fat. Once your body is done meeting its needs (which includes repair and muscle building) all extra calories wind up as fat.

When my father was sick and had trouble gaining weight they suggested Ensure drinks to him. However, anything with high calories will help you out - basically you get to do the opposite of all the people trying to lose weight! A couple of sodas equals 300 calories of almost pure carbs. You can also make smoothies with full fat dairy, and add fillers such as nut butter to make them more caloric.

Thankyou for this useful information, how many calories would I have to eat a day on average to gain weight?
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    If you don't like to eat so much you can also get mass gainer shakes. Look them up in any sports nutrition shop. Large number of calories per serving and you can just drink them down.

Otherwise, enjoy ALL THE PASTA and ALL THE BREAD! :)
  • Dtilka
    Dtilka Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Be in a calorie surplus. Use myfitnesspal daily, only takes less than 5 min to stay on top of things.

I recommend High Carb low fat so you have tons of energy! China eats beans and rice (carbs) and they aren’t fat 🧐

Fat makes you fat!

Ps Go vegan. You’ll love it :)
  • jgnatca
    Options
    If you like a limited range of foods, what are they?

Add calorific drinks to your meals instead of using them as a replacement. The experienced gainers here suggested a powder you can add to milk or water. Milk has more calories than water.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I don’t know if you noticed but I built the meal plan with a single person in mind. Leftovers or surplus from the day before can be added to the next days meal. (Beef-beef, broccoli-broccoli, chicken-chicken).