Low calorie, low cost "fast food" favorites?

Options
One of the things I like about talking MFP with friends is the tips we share about favortie foods that help us meet our daily goals. Now, I realize I could make more effort to eat healthy ALL the time, but the plain truth is between work, running around, etc., sometimes you just have to grab something on the run. Well, in that spirit of sharing, my "go to" meal has become the grilled chicken honey mustard snack wrap at McDonald's, and a side salad with Newman's low fat Italian dressing. In my neighborhood, that'll run you $2.80, and your total calories is 340. In the snack wrap, you get grilled chicken, some cheese, lettuce, honey mustard sauce....it's actually not bad at all! Personally, I like Newman's dressings, so to get a salad with that for a buck is a steal. Any body else have any others to share?

7512086.png

Replies

• xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    That's what I used to eat when I went out. But since I'm a stay at home wife right now, I don't have to worry about finding healthier fast food.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    breakfast sandwiches at tim hortons! I get the english muffin with bacon and cheese, and a coffee and it costs about $4.50 and about 350 calories.
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Berry Chicken Salad at Wendy's- under 400 calories for the large!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My go to is the Taco Bell Chicken Soft Taco Fresca Style ... about 150 calories each and about 1.50 each.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I get the 1/2 baja salad from Wendys..I think its like 3.00 or 4.00 but SOO good! :) 280 cals w/o dressing/chips.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Chick fillet grilled chicken, and southwestern chicken salad are both go to choices for me.

A wendy's single (without mayo or cheese) and a small chili are also a favorite. (this is > 600 calories which is ok for me for dinner)

Mcdonalds oatmeal for breakfast
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr Turkey burger...yummy, and less then 500 cals!
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My go to is the Taco Bell Chicken Soft Taco Fresca Style ... about 150 calories each and about 1.50 each.

Love these!
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Small Wendy's Chili, $1.59;
    210 calories
    21 g Carb
    6 g Fat
    17 g Protein
    7 g Fiber

Large Wendy's Chili ? $
    310 cals
    36 g Carbs
    9 g Fat
    26 g Protein
    10 g Fiber
  • DanAndMeg
    Options
    Wendy's chili...the small cup I had at lunch was around $2.50 and 250 calories (without cheese and crackers)....hope others tell their favorites, I was hoping to see a multitude of options for times when we are out of time, on the road but determined to make the best possible choice available :o)
  • jimgould1
    jimgould1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Baja Salad. Not sure what the cost was (since I took my kids too) but the Chick Filet Chargrilled Sandwich and Side of Fruit salad was delicious and satisfying. It almost made me forget about the fries!
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options

YES!! I just had a couple of those a few days ago :)
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Subway....my favorite!
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Now SEE? THAT"S what I'm talking about! I'm already learning of some great other choices. I have to second that Wendy's Berry salad, 400 calories is great for what you get. I think I go with the Mickey D's because it's half the cost and half the calories, but tomorrow?? :happy:
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Pot Belly's Roast Beef sandwich. Ordered as: Thin-cut, mutligrain bread, no cheese, mustard, and veggie toppings.

350 Calories, 28g of protein, 7g of fat, 45g of healthy carbs.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love Chick Fil A - 6 piece chicken nuggets with small fruit cup - 250 calories. And their buffalo dipping sauce is only 10 calories per cup. That's usually my lunch when I forget to bring something to work from home. Whole this is abour $4.00.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I like a #7, 9, 10, or 11 at Jimmy Johns made in an unwich with all the veggies, hot peppers, mustard, but no cheese, mayo or sauce and it's under 200 except the #9 which is aroudn 250.
  • hether22
    hether22 Posts: 63
    Options
    I don't eat out a lot, way too tempting for me to remain in the right calorie count!! But just thought I'd share a new favorite that is so easy to make!
    Wheat tortilla
    Slim Avocado
    Turkey Bacon
    little romaine lettuce, piece of red onion and slice of plum tomato ( I use left over salad usually)
    And it's all under 300 calories!

This is my new go to meal when I'm hungry and don't have time to cook anything.
  • cblayiii
    Options
    When Im out an about I always get Subway sandwiches or egg muffin sandwiches or Salads which are yummy healthy and filling. I also go to Wendy's and get their half salads there... the BLT one is delish and so is their Mexican style one. Also you should try Taco Bells Al Fresco menu! Lo cal and quick! Carls Jr also has a new turkey burger out that is about 400 calories :happy: just skip the fries!
  • mirnymirn
    Options
    Order this at El Pollo Loco:

Loco Salad with No Dressing from Value Menu
    2 Tacos al Carbon from Value Menu
    Avocado Salsa

When you are ready to eat, unwrap the tacos and get rid of the tortillas, just put the filling in the Loco Salad, along with the Avocado Salsa.

This will run you about $3.80 and 263 Calories and it's Delicious!