Need Flavor!

I have recently quit soft drinks, and am drinking lots of water but I need flavor.
I have tried crystal light, but it just taste like kool-ade.
I'm not a big tea drinker.
How do you feel about diet soft drinks.
What do you do for flavor.

Replies

• lillyblack1982
    lillyblack1982 Posts: 61 Member
    If you’re going for convenience, there’s the little packets of powdered drink mix that you add to water. My favorite is the Arizona green tea. The snapple teas are good as well. I put the packet in 20 oz of water instead of the 16 it recommends.

If you’re going for pretty/all natural, a couple slices of lemon and a bit of sliced ginger root, or a slice of lime and a spring of lavender flower are good.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I like water so flavour is not an issue for me.

As for diet soft drinks - go ahead if you enjoy the taste. Lots of people drink it when dieting and apparently, according to research, it doesn't give you cancer. Tastes like it does though! I don't drink it personally.
  • melodyvegan
    melodyvegan Posts: 59 Member
    I have a sparkling water maker / soda stream which is a great kitchen appliance and worthwhile investment if you're trying to kick soda and want to drink more water but don't want to spend a lot of money buying sparkling or flavored waters. Or if you just like your water with bubbles, like me. I usually make a bottle of sparkling water and I add a few drops of non-alcoholic bitters to my glass before I pour myself a glass of water. It really goes a long way and you can buy a few different flavors to have on hand. Works great for standing or sparking water!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    I have a Soda Stream too.

I found, surprisingly, it wasn’t the sugar, or the flavour of pop I wanted, it was the bubbles.

Cheers, h.
  • joannegustyn1971
    joannegustyn1971 Posts: 50 Member
    We also have a soda stream and I found a tiny bottles of flavours to add that have no sweetener in it. When we bought the soda Stream diet lemonade syrup all it taste like a sweet man.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    I switched from regular soda to diet soda and that worked well for me, for many years. I'm kind of over the whole soda thing now though and have moved onto LaCroix and Bubly flavored sparkling waters. They're not sweetened but the flavorings give it hints of sweetness. Bubly has a limited edition pineapple flavor out right now that's amazing!

If you do decide to cut out the soda and replace it with a non-caffeinated option you may want to add something else with caffeine-coffee, tea etc. to avoid caffeine withdrawal headaches.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    I prefer plain water, but sometimes I use mio. I like it because I can control how diluted the flavor is.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    I enjoy Diet Coke, although I have found I drink much less now. I got better at drinking water, period.
  • joang1970
    joang1970 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a soda stream as well and I add the 10 calorie Ocean Spray cran-pomegranate or cran-cherry mix to the water after carbonated. A little bit of that juice goes a long way ...
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    I don’t really like sodas. Any get tired of tea and plain water. You can add any fruit, cucumbers or mint to your water. I usually put the peels or off cuts in my water. Pineapple core is great.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I drink Diet Arizona Decaf Green Tea and Diet Snapple. Lots of it, lol, I don’t like plain water either and infused water still doesn’t have enough flavor for me. I read that the phosphates in all types of soda leach calcium from your bones, so I quit drinking diet soda.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    I make herbal tea - almost any herb you can think of, you can make a tea out of. Steep it longer and it gets stronger tasting. One nice thing is to get some fruit, blend it up really smooth, and add it - like strawberry puree and basil tea is quite nice. Another thing - fruit infused water. just get whatever fruit you want (I use fruit that's a bit too soft to eat pleasantly), chop it to pieces, take off any parts that might have a wax coating, and put it in a pitcher of water in the fridge. You can add fresh herbs, too. Let it steep a day, and then drink. Not SUPER flavorful, but nice. You can usually keep it up by continually adding more water, and even more fruit, for a week or so in the fridge, in my experience.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Many grocery stores/big box stores have a lot of different water enhancer packets in a variety of flavors. There's also many different squeezable water enhancers such as Mio.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Since starting there is about...four things i drink.
    The main one is coke zero ( even though that is a soda) I also just drink water sometimes. I do enjoy coffee every morning or in the afternoon or heck even at night but i suppose you would have to be a coffee drinker, haha and the fourth thing is Kombucha however it can be quite costly.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I will allow myself diet soda when I go out, but I don't keep it in the house. I drink coffee with HWC in the morning, water all day, and maybe some unsweetened iced tea with dinner, but usually just water. I love the taste of diet soda but I've made a choice to not include them daily as a part of my WOE, so I don't drink them often. They're now a treat for me.

I mostly drink plain water, but today I've added a few slices of lemon. I use a stainless steel insulated cup, put the lemon on the bottom, ice on top of that, and then fill with water. I will refill the cup several times throughout the day, but keep the same lemon for the duration.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,594 Member
    I love my soda stream. I mix with a little unsweetened cranberry juice if you like tartness.

Other advantages of the soda stream is not having to lug around heavy bottles of water and reduction of single use plastics.