Feeling blah today...

Options
GGmaire05
GGmaire05 Posts: 5 Member
Did anyone else’s weekend mess up the good week they had been aiming for? Had a back track this weekend and feeling uninspired this Monday morning...
Let me know how you’re feeling!
G

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hey, hang in there! I can so get it, having eaten back all my work for the week on some weekends myself. That said, all there is to do is move forward. Weight loss is a long game, so all you can do is pick yourself back up. If you do that today, even if you are not feeling like it, you'll get to your goal more quickly than if you wait for another day to start.

Here's one of my favorite articles on motivation and how to deal with "off" days:
    https://jamesclear.com/how-to-get-motivated
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Making mistakes is a good way to learn. Remember this feeling so that the next time you have a weekend that might derail you you'll remember that it wasn't worth it the last time.

That doesn't mean never enjoy yourself. Just keep in mind how you feel so that you can adjust your plan next time.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    It's only a set back if it wasn't worth it otherwise it's just a part of living your life.

You can't (or at least I think you shouldn't) put the rest of your life on hold to manage your weight. It might have to focus on and take priority most of the time in order to make progress but you still have to enjoy your time on this planet while your here.

I think the biggest killer with weight management adherence is the pursuit of perfect. People get so fixated on losing weight and never stumbling even once that it starts to negatively impact the other areas of their life. They find that they can't enjoy themselves, constantly feel like their deprived and like their missing out. And any slight deviation from the plan is looked upon as a 'failure' and guilt. No wonder this so often leads to giving up.

Being perfect all of the time is a recipe for disaster. Real, sustainable, long term progress is made by being pretty good most of the time.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, OP. I’ve had many Sundays where I’ve consumed more than I planned, so I understand. I think there’s an emotional eating behavioral component to it in my case, e.g. eating to soothe anxiety about the week ahead.

I have a couple things happening this week that typically raise my anxiety, and I was feeling it strong today. I did have a passing thought about eating treats not on my plan, but I let the urge pass. Just naming and acknowledging my feelings was enough to keep me on track today.

Learning from experience is good advice. What were you thinking or feeling leading up to the back track? What other ways could you respond next time? Thinking it through after the fact can help raise self awareness in the moment next time, and deciding how to respond ahead of time can make it easier to stay on track.

Hope you find that inspiration tomorrow , OP.