80lbs down, 15 more to go

Options
Since January 2018 I have lost 80 pounds.
I am really proud of the progress. I have been overweight my entire adult life and lost 40 pounds back in my twenties by now at 33 I feel like I am the healthiest I have been.

I still would like to loose 15 more but I am finally in a healthy BMI which is a big accomplishment. I started this at 238lbs and am now.

I lost it slowly and changing up the diet throughout helped with the plateaus. zjkxi0skhvnd.jpeg

Replies

• jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You've also lost 10 years along with the 80 lbs. Please post a photo after your last 15 lbs.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Tremendous work!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wow, you look great!
  • figyello
    figyello Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look great, and I love both dresses!
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome work Chica!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You look like your own daughter now. lol.. love the blonder hair..and you look young and amazing.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You’re a beautiful lady in both pics!
  • joweekes
    joweekes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow - well done :smiley:
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look great. What do you mean when you say you "changed your diet" to avoid plateaus. I've lost 70 lbs and I've started to hit little plateaus. I've recently started to increase my calories on some days while decreasing them the next day ...as well as adding green tea and more water...doing things like that to shake things up a little.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • nadinelove08
    nadinelove08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cindy- at first I just cut out processed food and sugar. Then when I wasn’t loosing any more weight I cut out carbs and that helped push me to my goal
  • wyec123
    wyec123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Started at 238 on April 1, 2019--have a long way to go as my goal is pretty similar to yours. Thanks for sharing.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation!
  • shaykinhand
    shaykinhand Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome, congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!