Back Again

Options
myrabrand1
myrabrand1 Posts: 33 Member
I have lost count of how many times that I have tried to lose this weight. The most I have ever lost has been 20 and then I go and gain it back plus more pounds. I am so tired of this struggle, I am back agai though and am trying again. I really want and need friends this time. I think it will make a difference. Thank you!

Replies

• Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, also I’ve been part of a group on here that has provided support it’s under challenges in community button- if this works here is a sign in page https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

What did you learn from your previous attempts? What are you going to do different this time?
  • NovemberSkye
    NovemberSkye Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could focus on other fitness markers beyond weight. Focus on improving nutrition and hitting exercise goals without a focus on the weight loss component. Research shows over and over again that attempts to lose weight nearly always end up with all the weight regained plus more (in order to protect itself from future "famines" the body creates a higher weight set point).

If this has been your experience, you might be happier and more successful to find other markers for improvements in health beyond weight loss. It's also easy to get discouraged and give up when weight loss is the goal, but if you stride for small daily positive changes (drink 8 cups of water, sleep at least 7 hours at night, 20 minutes of yoga, etc...) then you tend to stick with those.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!
  • mummapositivity
    mummapositivity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right here with you. Just wrote in my blog and it was pretty much exactly what you are saying... even down to the title!
    Wishing you success on your journey.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off of here since 2009...I have given up and deleted my MFP accounts more than I care to admit....I am back with a mission to reverse diabetes, lose weight and keep it off for good.....you are welcome to add me....wishing you the very best on your journey :)