Booze... Suggestions

Options

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Simple drinks with minial sugar such as a rum and diet Coke. Light beers do not have too many calories also.
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Vodka.

If I'm drinking beer, I just limit the beers I consume otherwise I start to feel bloated.

Log both..
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Guiness.........................there's your meal right there!
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i stopped drinking last october. best thing i ever did, along with stopping smoking.

empty, pointless, damaging calories. feel a whole lot better without it, and i dont miss it in the slightest.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Vodka with Soda
    Marqueritas
    Bud Light Lime and any Light Lime beer for summer. :drinker:

My favorites. :drinker:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of this. If your going to drink. Drink good stuff.
    microbrew, top shelf stuff. non boxed wine.

Its your body, don't feed it junk.
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coconut rum with diet mountain dew. I know, lots of calories in rum...but its yummy!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to gin and slimline tonic, but I like white wine too. My weakness is cider. I love the stuff SO much but it's so full of calories :(
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You should go with whatever makes you happy. :drinker: Except for vodka. It makes me pregnant!:noway:
  • unlockthebox
    unlockthebox Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Many Of the items listed aren't available in Canada but thanks for the response and the few friend adds it generated also! Any thoughts on Tonic water or club soda?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on Tonic water or club soda?

it just dilutes... whats' the point?
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Vodka.

If I'm drinking beer, I just limit the beers I consume otherwise I start to feel bloated.

Log both..

^Vodka/Soda/Citrus Wedges
    or
    Whiskey/Water
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    firegirley, you drink malidew too?! It's the best!
  • Sieggie
    Sieggie Posts: 70
    Options
    Although my weakness is white wine I've heard that sugar free is the best way to go to avoid belly fat...which would mean dry reds, vodka, gin, whisky and believe it or not rum. Just watch your mixers and count the calories.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I suggest beer. Real, full calorie beer. Run, do some lunges, whatever it takes. But don't cut yourself short on enjoying the nectar of the keg.
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hendrick's gin is the way to go! I believe it only has 70 or so calories per serving, and is so good it doesn't need a mixer.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Cold and free are my favorites..

^^^AGREED!

Personally, I rarely drink and I never log the calories b/c frankly I don't really care to. If I'm actually going out and having a drink or two, I'm going to enjoy the drink and not concern myself with cals...also, I'm usually dancing or walking around talking to everyone so I figure I'm burning cals at the same time :wink:
    Get what you like and what you'll enjoy....

And not to knock anyone...but I gotta comment on the malibu and moutain dew mix...its not the cals in the rum but the calories in the mountain dew & the brominated vegetable oil they put in mt. dew that would concern me lol
    Keep the malibu and toss the dew
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Guiness.........................there's your meal right there!

Suddenly have an urge to do some irish car bomb shots lol mmmmm
  • elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A Limana is my favorite drink. Don Q cristal rum (65 calories per ounce) and club soda (0 calories) with lime. Refreshing. :)
  • jesstika
    jesstika Posts: 12
    Options
    I started drinking rum and diet cokes recently in an effort to get away from bloaty beers and I'm really liking it, plus high balls are often on special!