Weight loss journey...would love some new friends to help me!

Options
Jandy32
Jandy32 Posts: 12 Member
I have two kids and a busy life and my weight has gotten away from me. I want to lose 45lbs. I’m more than ready now to make this commitment. I’ve had two people over this past weekend make remarks about my weight and it hurt but gave me to push I needed to say “ok, enough of this.” Would LOVE to have some new friends on here for support and encouragement.

Replies

• Qbot86
    Qbot86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are we the same person?? I have two kids a busy life and I'm done being overweight. I need to lose 60lbs would love to team up :smile:
    I just entered my food for the day so far and jeekers it's an eye opener! snacking is my worst enemy so if you have any ideas there I'd love to hear them.. today so far it's been 3 biscuits and 3 pieces of chocolate :neutral:
    I work from home so I'm going to do the couch to 5k. I have managed it one day a week for past two weeks - obviously not enough so I have written it into my diary for the week. do you have any fitness goals?
  • bonniedeponeo
    bonniedeponeo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i am new to and need to lose 70 pounds .. not sure how i add people on here .
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I also have two kids and a busy life. But this is just another thing that you want to do for yourself.
  • 1BreezeyBree
    1BreezeyBree Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new too not sure how to add you
  • suzmedder
    suzmedder Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have just written a post pretty similar to this, happy to go along this journey with you 😊
  • karliemurwira
    karliemurwira Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here! Looking for friends to Add so we can stay motivated x
  • BobbieWhiteside
    BobbieWhiteside Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day one for me as well. I’m tired of being asked when I’m due because I carry all my weight in my belly. I have aches and pains everywhere and am pretty much at the diabetes stage. I need to lose 60 lbs. I want to feel good mainly but the other perks of weight loss are nice too! Good luck to everyone! Let’s do this!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...you are welcome to add me ....I love to support/encourage/cheer anyone on their weight loss journey :)
  • JessT1299
    JessT1299 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add me, please! 😁
  • yaggith2465
    yaggith2465 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also want to start a weight loss journey and need friends to help keep me honest. Currently at 278 lbs and would like to lose at least 50 by the end of the year! Add me if you would like!
  • Qbot86
    Qbot86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jandy for starting this thread! I started using the food diary yesterday? does anyone have any tips or suggestions on using it? I'm finding it interesting to see the food laid out in plain sight! I like how they tally the recommended guidelines and already it's showing I'm over my alotted grams of fat for the day.. I had 2 sausages for breakfast because they were due to go off I cooked them to go with my egg white omelette!! ( o:)>:) ) they were HALF the daily allowance for the day! time for me to wake up and learn what's in my food!!!
  • Jandy32
    Options
    Hey everybody!! Thank you to everyone who reached out through my post! It means a lot and im SO ready to go on this journey with y’all!
  • Retired20142019
    Retired20142019 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya! I want to lose 30 lbs.
    I'm older (61) but still have the same drive to lose. I have to break through this stubborn plateau first.
  • Retired20142019
    Retired20142019 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this---starting today. Thanks for posting it!
  • myersmeganl10
    myersmeganl10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Jandy32
    Options
    0harqf1r0e0a.jpeg
  • AimeeLGosse
    AimeeLGosse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning! If I am posting a message here, does it mean I have joined? Haha...I just joined MFP and am quite uncertain!
    I am 45 yr old female and have already lost over 40 pounds. I have at least 40 or so to go. I am a diabetic, but do not take medication. I have to eat very strictly on my diet, and exercise exercise exercise!! I've been slacking lately...the signs are my sugar is up, and my hair is falling out again. Also very tired. All not good!! Happily married stay at home mom!!

Do we check in here daily?