Low calorie, low cost "fast food" favorites?

Options
2»

Replies

• tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Watch that sodiummmmmmmm
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    And saturated fat
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Last night I went to Quizno's and got a regular size oven roasted turkey on whole grain flat bread, no mayo, but added some extra veges. It was huge and totaled 480 cals, which I didn't think was bad for the size. It was under $5.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell: 2 crunchy tacos, fresco style. The soft tacos (chicken or steak) are good as well.

Jimmy Johns: lately I have been loving the #6 (veggie, no mayo). I can't bring myself to go the Unwich route because I love their bread so much!

Wendy's: In cooler weather I get their chili every few weeks or so--yum!

Subway: Basically a no-brainer, especially if you stick to the 6g of fat or less sandwiches on wheat bread, avoid cheese and most sauces.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'll do a grilled chick fil a sandwich with lettuce and tomato and take off the top half of the bun. Fruit salad on the side.

I've also discovered the "convenience store meal"! You can get yogurt, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, bananas, apples, oranges, pretzels. It's not a conventional meal, but I find I can put together something decently healthy.
  • creickson
    creickson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Baja Salad. Not sure what the cost was (since I took my kids too) but the Chick Filet Chargrilled Sandwich and Side of Fruit salad was delicious and satisfying. It almost made me forget about the fries!

Agree.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My favorite "fast" food meal is Hawaiian BBQ. Get their teriyaki bowl or BBQ chicken plate. It's around 600 calories and a TON of food. Just stay away from the mac salad...if you can!

Panda Express also has some good options with lots of veggies. Go for the bowl with just one entree.
  • grendel322
    grendel322 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My go to is the Taco Bell Chicken Soft Taco Fresca Style ... about 150 calories each and about 1.50 each.

Finally got to try one of these, along with a crunch taco, fresco style. Total tab: $3.38. Total calories: 300. Thanks for the tip!
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Wendy's - Sour Cream and Chive Baked Potato and Small Chili.

Pour chili on potato. Awesome.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Tokyo Joe's:

White meat chicken bowl with Oyako sauce, brown rice and the "top 5" veggie mix. 472 calories, although the big squirt of Sriracha sauce I put in it adds another few calories.
  • chikachic817
    chikachic817 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wendy's - Sour Cream and Chive Baked Potato and Small Chili.

Pour chili on potato. Awesome.

I LOVE THIS. I get it when I get cravings for fries