Motivational jean..

So this might sound very weird, but today I went to my local shop and tried a jean on that was a few size too small...the actual size I was 6years ago,before my 1st pregnancy. To motivate me, I decided to go back every 2 weeks, try the jean on and take a photo, to see progress. It's not a fancy, expensive jean, so I don't think it will be on the shelves for too long, lol. But I feel kinda motivated because of that jean. I was thinking of buying it, but decided against it because I want to buy it ONLY when it fits. It's a weird thing to do, but it helps a bit..

Anyone else with motivations like this???

Replies

• Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Yes. I do the same thing. I also have a pair of jeans that I wore probably 20 years ago. They were my favorite and I was always going to get into them again someday. Fashionable? Not even close, but I will get into them again just to say I did, even if I will never actually wear them in public :)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Same here - I have a suit and shirt which I haven't worn since ? (maybe last century?) and once in a while I take it out of the cupboard and try it on. By now I can close the shirt and just about the pants. Not good enough yet to leave the house like that, but soon!......
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    I do too!!!
  • joweekes
    joweekes Posts: 7 Member
    I've been hunting through my attic to find a lovely dress that has been too small for years but all I keep finding is clothes that are too big - which is also a great feeling and plus I can sell them to fund my new purchases! :smiley: