For the love of....

Options
2»

Replies

• eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    For the love of the sun and sea. I love summer and spend my days outside. I had gotten so out of shape that last year I could not enjoy many of the things I normally do. So I made some changes and am ready to adventure all summer long.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For my health. 47 year old mom with 5 kids ages 16 down to 4. They need me to be healthy. My husband wants me to be healthy and happy. I want to enjoy my loved ones as long as I can. Losing weight has been directly about my ability to be healthy and active for a long time. As for looking good naked? I gave that up so long ago it isn’t even on my radar. Loose skin is unattractive and somewhat easy to cover up!
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sex and nice clothes
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    For the love of myself and my family. Sister and I are on this journey together.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    For my love of fun clothes, feeling great, the freedom/independence strength and health provide
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Krav Maga, kayaking, and not getting Diabetes.
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Myself, my family, and walking/hiking with my dog and family :smile:
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    For the love of not feeling fat.i won't ever love myself or feel sexy no matter how much weight I lose but right now after losing 22 lbs since my journey last year I feel less fat.thats good yes?
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It’s cool to see some women here training in Muay Thai and Krav Maga! I just started Krav Maga and I love it. I was planning to lose another 10 vanity pounds and fit back into my pre-weight gain clothes. But since starting Krav Maga I’m thinking I might want to stay at this higher weight, so I have more power. I love focusing on what my body can do and eating to fuel my workouts!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    For the love of my health and also competitive currach rowing.
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Because I can't eat anything I want without gaining weight anymore.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    jnomadica wrote: »
    It’s cool to see some women here training in Muay Thai and Krav Maga! I just started Krav Maga and I love it. I was planning to lose another 10 vanity pounds and fit back into my pre-weight gain clothes. But since starting Krav Maga I’m thinking I might want to stay at this higher weight, so I have more power. I love focusing on what my body can do and eating to fuel my workouts!

Yes the extra power is nice but I like fighting people who are not taller than me more. Cutting weight for fights is horrid much better to be there already. I did enjoy clinching when heavier but you learn better technique when you can't rely on weight. My first fight I was about 10kg heavier than ideal for my height and it was difficult for my coach to get me a good match. My second and more proper fight I was 2kg off an ideal and the opponent was taller... I just clinched my way into a win but was lucky her clinch game was not great. Having said that I've seen a girl who is about 10kg too heavy winning belts she has obviously adapted to the height difference.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    jnomadica wrote: »

Krav Maga is a lot of fun, and I love the down-to-earth practicality of it. I've been studying very inconsistently for about 6 months, but now I'm working towards taking the P1 test in September-ish.
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    for the love of health and I would be lying if I said I wasn't also doing this to look good naked. I want my husband to find me attractive, always.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    For the love of..... myself. ❤
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just want to still be alive next year. some of the people I went to school with aren't.