LUNCH BREAK WORKOUT

Options
If you have 30-40 mins what would you do run, circuit, weight lifting(traditional)?

Replies

• dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    weight lifting every other day with cardio, flexibility routines in between. My lunch break is my gym time actually. I'm lucky to have a weight room and showers at work place
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I'd do whatever I felt like doing at the time. If I felt like riding, I'd grab my bike and go for a ride. If I felt like running I'd strap on my shoes and do that.

For me doing something is WAY more important than doing a particular thing, so I do whatever is going to make me happiest and be the most fun.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with Danp that doing something is more important than a particular thing. It’s so good for my head to break up the day!

Personally, my strength training takes only about 15 min, and I usually do it at lunch. It’s hard to make excuses when it’s only 15 min. I alternate upper body/squats with weights and body weight core 5 days/wk. it’s challenging enough that I’m breathing pretty hard but short enough that I don’t get really sweaty. I also do 12 min yoga several times per week, so if I wanted to use the full 30 min, I’d add that. Also not a sweaty activity. I often change my shirt for ST, but I can wipe down and change back without showering.

I really enjoy outside cardio, and I don’t enjoy it as much if I’m rushed, so I probably would compress cardio into my lunch hour only on days I couldn’t do it outside for whatever reason. Intervals are a great way to create challenge in compressed time.

I hope you find a routine you really like!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    I quite like to go out for a walk or run at lunchtime just to get away from my desk particularly if the weather is nice, if the weather is rubbish I might go do 5-10 mins on the cross trainer followed by some weights in the work gym.
  • jeromeloresco05
    jeromeloresco05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the response. Reason I'm asking is I want to maximize workout time and I have to have structure for me to be consistent or else I would just not do anything but those response are helpful makes me see things on a different perspective.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Lunch is the best time for me to work out most days, luckily my boss has allowed us to come in 30 minutes early and take an hour and a half lunch to accommodate the people that want to workout. I alternate between running, biking and weights depending on what sounds good that day.