How can I save regularly used food items

ewartel
ewartel Posts: 5 Member
I've used MFP on and off for years. I've always had one problem and have searched the Community threads a lot, but haven't found an answer:

How can you save a food item you regularly use?

I have tried "reporting" the food and changing nothing so that it saves to My Foods, but it doesn't work and I don't want to fake a change in the food. I have to say I am very tired of searching for the regular foods I use and they get lost in Recent Foods. Please, there has to be a way to do this!

Replies

• HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    There is a "recent" tab that has foods you have recently logged. I would imagine that any food you eat regularly, you've also eaten recently. As you begin to type in the search bar, MFP will pull up recent foods that match the text. If I type "ques", for example, I get two quest bars and a chicken quesadilla showing up. It also automatically pairs food for you. I eat peanut butter alone often, but if I log jam, the app lets me click to add peanut butter and bread below. Lastly, if you eat something every single day, log it in your breakfast. The app asks you if you want to add yesterday's breakfast. I started lifting weight 7 months ago and I now eat protein powder. Not for breakfast, but I log it that way. Do these tricks help you?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    You can change the sort. Click on where it says "most recent" and you can change it to "most frequent". That will show you the foods you use most often.
  • ewartel
    Thank you HollyPFlax. I do get the recent food come up, however, when for example I put in Premier Protein Vanilla Shake I expect it to bring up the recent one I use with the green verification badge on it. Instead, it brings up a non-verified food that is similar. Is there no way to save exact food items as favorites?
  • ewartel
    Thank you MikePTY. I do the sorting too, but for some reason the app brings up Most Recent items that are not what I originally put in (e.g. a shake that I put in had a verified badge does not come up, but a non-verified one does). If I sort by Most Frequent, it pulls up items from years back for some reason.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    ewartel wrote: »
    Thank you MikePTY. I do the sorting too, but for some reason the app brings up Most Recent items that are not what I originally put in (e.g. a shake that I put in had a verified badge does not come up, but a non-verified one does). If I sort by Most Frequent, it pulls up items from years back for some reason.
    Are you typing in what you're searching for and hitting search? If you don't hit search, and the text string you type matches the text string in something you've logged recently (or even not so recently), it will pull from what you've previously logged. At least the Android app does.
  • jjstafford123
    jjstafford123 Posts: 1 Member
    I use the online program. Is there a way to save a food item? Even when I copy and paste a recent food, the item is not on the top of the list. I'm about to give up. I don't want to save meals. I would like to save favorite foods though. This seems so basic. Can someone help me. I can't find how to get to customer service either - I'm trying Premium.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    I use the online program. Is there a way to save a food item? Even when I copy and paste a recent food, the item is not on the top of the list. I'm about to give up. I don't want to save meals. I would like to save favorite foods though. This seems so basic. Can someone help me. I can't find how to get to customer service either - I'm trying Premium.

Have you tried toggling from all meals to the specific meal you're logging, or vice versa?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member

I don't really understand. My favorite foods are all in Recent or Frequent.

g6c94lbxifd7.png

Here's Customer Service: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us