Stop bet calories changing

Options
Jopanni
Jopanni Posts: 27 Member
Hi. Does anyone know how I can get the net calories to stop changing when I have done exercise. I don’t want to eat them

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    you are SUPPOSED to eat the, not eating them can lead to greatly under eating.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation/p1

But to answer the specific question - stop entering your exercise/linking your watch.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat them back if you are using MFP to calculate your calorie goals for you. The goals do not include exercise, so you need to eat those calories back.

If you are using a TDEE formula for a custom calorie goal, turning off exercise calories is one of the benefits you can get by subscribing to MyFitnessPal premium. Or you can just not log your exercise or enter it as "1" calorie for whatever exercise you do.
  • Jopanni
    Jopanni Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I genuinely thought that for a calorie deficit I should stick to my TDEE and any excercise was a bonus. I shall have a read of the links.

I will unlink my watch.

Thank you 👍😄
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Jopanni wrote: »
    Thanks for your replies. I genuinely thought that for a calorie deficit I should stick to my TDEE and any excercise was a bonus. I shall have a read of the links.

I will unlink my watch.

Thank you 👍😄

MFP does not give you your TDEE. The TDEE DOES include exercise.
    but again, the goal given by MFP is NOT the TDEE ( I think it's called NEAT which does NOT give an allowance for exercise calories, it's the amount to sustain your basic body function). So if you are using MFP you need to add exercise calories.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10503681/exercise-calories-do-i-eat-these-a-video-explanation/p1
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    mm5ac59zrobw.jpg
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    MFP Premium allows you to toggle off the inclusion of exercise calories, but, as other posters have said, you should avoid doing that for the reasons above. Plus, unless you're using the Premium for the other features, seems like a lot to spend for just the exercise calorie exclusion option.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I know that my watch inflates my workout calories since my 90 minute workout includes heavy (for me) lifting in addition to my brisk warm-up walk and ending intervals workout. So I have worked out a basic TDEE and take the daily "net calories" as a number that is interesting but not necessarily relevant. Works for me - might work for you.