Needing some motivational help

Options
Last November I started this journey with no support. I started at 184 pounds and I am now down to 158. I am so close to my weight loss goal of 145. I was so good at first, I stayed away from the temptions and I was devoted to my workouts. I was really good at kicking my own butt but this last month, I'm tired, I keep going over my calories and missing workouts. I need some kind of energy reboot. I tried to get my co-workers who said they wanted to lose weight involved on this site with me but they quit within 2 weeks. So here is my question to you all, how do you stay motivated after so long and how do you keep your get up and go, going?

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I've hit those times, too. Last week was my week for feeling that way. I have to admit that what helped me is putting on the clothes that used to be tight and reminding myself how good they feel now. Looking in the mirror a few times a day and reminding myself that I no longer *cringe* when I catch a glimpse of myself. Going for a workout (even w/a bum foot) and remembering how good it feels to leave a sweat puddle on the floor.

I used to beat myself up too much when I'd get tired, defeated. I think that's more destructive than anything -- so just move on. Let yourself be tired sometimes, it's OK.
  • yvonmac
    yvonmac Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the losing motivation. YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO YOUR GOAL!!! Keep going! I set my goals now by the day as I am down to the last 10 lbs.--what I call "my vanity weight." I tell myself each morning I love myself as many times as it takes for me to believe it.

Things I tell myself each day: I love myself that is why I eat healthy. I love myself so I feel good and energetic. I love myself so I exercise. I love to exercise because i sleep better and I look good with my muscle tone.

Then I keep a journal that I write in each night that I only write how I "see" myself--I write that I weight 125 lbs. I exercise because I feel good. I am in control and love myself.

Basically I talk to myself in the morning and at night I write to myself. Then in the morning it is easier to talk to myself. I do this each day and set goals for each day--that way I figure I will maintain and be successful in a 24 hour period. I am not allowed to talk negative about myself because look what I've already accomplished and negative self talk is the old me and the new me loves myself.

I hope this helps. It is helping me believe in myself and motivate myself as I am alone in my venture of having the perfect me I can be!
  • moprincess76
    Options
    I have only been at it for almost a month.. not quite that long.. but what keeps me motivated.. My kids... My oldest is in bootcamp... and if he can do what he does in this heat..then i can do it in the AC.... My middle child... hes "fluffy" and i want him on a better path than i went down... My daughter who at 10 compares herself to the stick thin models and thinks shes fat.. when she is no where near that... They are my motivation.. They are my source of strength.. I am their teacher, and leader , and who better for them to learn from... I dont want them thinking fad diets and pills are the answer.. but honest hard work and diet is the only way to go....Children learn by example...
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I am on month 3 and I am determined to shed this weight! I am just dying to fit into smaller clothes! I am sick of being fat and I want to look different!
  • ttrttrttr
    Options
    I hear you on the losing motivation. YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO YOUR GOAL!!! Keep going! I set my goals now by the day as I am down to the last 10 lbs.--what I call "my vanity weight." I tell myself each morning I love myself as many times as it takes for me to believe it.

Things I tell myself each day: I love myself that is why I eat healthy. I love myself so I feel good and energetic. I love myself so I exercise. I love to exercise because i sleep better and I look good with my muscle tone.

Then I keep a journal that I write in each night that I only write how I "see" myself--I write that I weight 125 lbs. I exercise because I feel good. I am in control and love myself.

Basically I talk to myself in the morning and at night I write to myself. Then in the morning it is easier to talk to myself. I do this each day and set goals for each day--that way I figure I will maintain and be successful in a 24 hour period. I am not allowed to talk negative about myself because look what I've already accomplished and negative self talk is the old me and the new me loves myself.

I hope this helps. It is helping me believe in myself and motivate myself as I am alone in my venture of having the perfect me I can be!

I really like this idea, thank you so much!
  • ttrttrttr
    Options
    I have only been at it for almost a month.. not quite that long.. but what keeps me motivated.. My kids... My oldest is in bootcamp... and if he can do what he does in this heat..then i can do it in the AC.... My middle child... hes "fluffy" and i want him on a better path than i went down... My daughter who at 10 compares herself to the stick thin models and thinks shes fat.. when she is no where near that... They are my motivation.. They are my source of strength.. I am their teacher, and leader , and who better for them to learn from... I dont want them thinking fad diets and pills are the answer.. but honest hard work and diet is the only way to go....Children learn by example...

Tell your son thank you for me and you're right I have two young children 9 and 5 and they mean the world to me. I need to set a good example and be healthy for myself and them.
    Thank you