Happily Married 18 years
Mom of 3 kids, turning 17, 15, and 11
ex smoker
212 lbs or 96.6 kilos
5'1 or 155 cm
From USA
Live in Switzerland

Have quit several diets after being tired of being hungry

Now committed to losing 10kilos or 20lbs by July (I know that's pushing it but that's a long story for another thread), then after 1 month vacation, start again in August but slow it down to half.

Recently told I have a fatty liver - treatment is changing how I eat, and learning to love movement.

May have diabetes - will test on Thursday...

Feeling a little overwhelmed. Friends are trying to tell me not to jump into the deep end and just reduce, but when the doctor tells you that you have a liver problem... you jump and ask how high later, am I right?

Anyhow, I'm here and posting because my next step is to find a group and support that hopefully help with figuring things out. I'm struggling to eat enough calories now that I've cut out wine, potato chips, refined wheat, saturated fats... need to see how to boost my protein (chickpeas? tuna? fish?).

I hope that wasn't complaining too much, and see you in the other boards.

Replies

• Girlheidi
    Girlheidi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My best advice to you is to get a fitness tracker and start doing some gentle exercise. I cut out wine last year and immediately dropped 7lb. Then I slightly increased my exercise. Worked well and I have now lost 30lbs and am greatly enjoying exercise. Even if walking you still burn calories and can eat them back! Fitbit works well with MFP and the 2 together are awesome. Slow and steady ....
  • 3nails1love
    3nails1love Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Girlheidi. I have a Polar watch that works good too.