Post-partum weight loss: new moms looking to get fit!

Hi all,

My name is Raphi and I'm 28 years old, looking to lose 15 kgs (approx 30-35 lbs) following the birth of my now 4 months old daughter 🥰

If anyone is looking for support and motivation in a similar situation, add me! 😊

Replies

• greenmonstergoo
    greenmonstergoo Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! Just getting settled in with my 1 month old :smile:
    Would love to join in on the adventure.
  • KeriGillum
    KeriGillum Posts: 2 Member
    Hey I'm looking to get back to my pre pregnancy weight to! My baby is 4 months old to, born 27th December via c-section. I'm ready to shift this extra weight! I'm looking to lose around 17lb .
  • loveyduvyemt
    loveyduvyemt Posts: 58 Member
    Starting to wean off breastfeeding/pumping and wanting to really lose this baby weight! I'd love to lose 20lbs by August and maybe more after that.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    In the same boat! I have a 6 week old.
    I just started an exercise program called postnatal SlimDown (via the app moms into fitness). It seems super easy, fast, and gentle, which is good, to ease back into the swing of things. Anyone else try it?
  • kns1988
    kns1988 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm trying to lose 12 pounds after the birth of my second child, who is 4 months old on Tuesday. I'm really struggling to stay motivated! I also have a 2 year old, and I'm just so exhausted when I get home.
  • haelnos
    haelnos Posts: 1 Member
    I’m 38, 30 lbs up with a 3 month old! I’ll get on this train. Partially breastfeeding, and hoping to keep my milk and still lose the pounds. Set my calories to 1350, hoping it’s enough to lose weight and also keep my (partial) milk!
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    A few days in to the Postnatal SlimDown and I quite like it. There’s a calendar you follow for each day’s work out, the work outs are fast and varied. There’s also recipes and a meal plan included but I haven’t used it.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    My son is just 6 months! Definitely need to lose at least 20lbs!
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Me too! My 2nd son was born dec 2. After the birth weight settled off, I’m 30 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant. I had lost 60 pounds at that point so I have gained half of it back.
    I find the hardest thing about trying to lose weight with an infant is life is hectic, so you just want comforting convenience foods. It was really hard in that first year after my first son was born in 2015!
    Hang in there mamas and happy Mother’s Day if you are in the US!
  • hannahmfetty
    hannahmfetty Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! Im Hannah 27 years old with 3 beautiful boys! I just had my 3rd baby 2 weeks ago. So I have 3 boys under the age of 3 years old. And I'm so looking forward to losing my baby weight (never fully got rid of it as I had all my babies so close together!).
    Feel free to add me!
  • BumpinSpartans
    BumpinSpartans Posts: 1 Member
    My second son just turned 10 months old (his older brother is 3.5 years old) and I feel like the fog is starting to finally lift and I'm regaining energy and motivation. I had my first morning workout in over 2 years today, I used to workout in the mornings everyday before kids. I have 30 lbs to lose!