Keto

Options
klattykaty
klattykaty Posts: 18 Member
I'm needing keto advice & what to eat, would love to try it as my carb/sugar intake is awfull, also diagnosed fatty liver 🤦‍♀️ .. Any advice is welcomed 😉. Ty

Replies

• ilovekiwis
    ilovekiwis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Trt eating lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains in moderation, plenty of protien, and limited healthy fats & sweets. Regular meals with modest portions and stay hydrated.

The truth is keto is popular because the restrictive nature gives people clear guidelines when they're looking to make a lifestyle change and get rapid reaults. But research doesn't support keto as effective for long-term weight loss or general health unless you have specific issues (such as epilepsy.) If you're really committed to it, partner with a doctor or nutritionist.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Start with high amounts of protein and plain salad.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,595 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er...I eat this way to reverse type II diabetes and lose weight....There are plenty of recipes on dietdoctor.com..........ruled.me.com..........pinterest.com ...also you could type keto recipes and tons will come up....also make sure you up your sodium to at least 3000mg...if you don't keep your electrolytes in check you can get what is called keto flu...its not fun. Us keto'ers drink keto-ade which is water...lite salt and mio...we also drink bone broth..pickle juice etc. Feel free to add me if you would like :) ...hoping you have great success on your journey :)
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am a keto'er...I eat this way to reverse type II diabetes and lose weight....There are plenty of recipes on dietdoctor.com..........ruled.me.com..........pinterest.com ...also you could type keto recipes and tons will come up....also make sure you up your sodium to at least 3000mg...if you don't keep your electrolytes in check you can get what is called keto flu...its not fun. Us keto'ers drink keto-ade which is water...lite salt and mio...we also drink bone broth..pickle juice etc. Feel free to add me if you would like :) ...hoping you have great success on your journey :)

i highly recommend the pork rind pork chop recipe :wink:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,595 Member
    Options
    thanos5 wrote: »

i highly recommend the pork rind pork chop recipe :wink:

you really liked that recipe didn't you Mr. Thanos ;)