Vegan Bodybuilding - Ask Me Anything

2»

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Serious question (from a former lacto-vagan), how do you manage/minimize gas build up & deal with bloating from a vegan diet?
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2019
    erickirb wrote: »
    Do you realize your results probably could have been better had you incorporated animal products?

Do you know of any peer reviewed studies that show that vegans are unable to reach their genetic ceiling?
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    I think I probably find the evangelism around veganism more annoying if only because I encounter it significantly more often.

I guess everyone's different. I've literally never been evangelized in respect to veganism (including both before and after becoming vegan) and that's something I only encounter on the internet. Low carb, on the other hand, I have seen a ton of advocacy around, whether it's atkins or the current trend of keto. It doesn't bother me too much, but I don't necessarily think vegan evangelism is more common in a general sense.

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    fuzzylop_ wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    I think I probably find the evangelism around veganism more annoying if only because I encounter it significantly more often.

I guess everyone's different. I've literally never been evangelized in respect to veganism (including both before and after becoming vegan) and that's something I only encounter on the internet. Low carb, on the other hand, I have seen a ton of advocacy around, whether it's atkins or the current trend of keto. It doesn't bother me too much, but I don't necessarily think vegan evangelism is more common in a general sense.

This is also likely, in part, an issue of location. Hence why I wasn't talking about the world, or even the US at large. And I should note I don't think that all or even most talking about a diet (among other things) is evangelizing. Evangelizing often involves speaking, but obviously not all speaking is evangelizing.

My favorite example of said evangelizing is the waiting room that an former therapist shared. Every surface, that you could reliably stack or lay material on had pro-vegan literature on it, of the PETA like variety (so not something like Vegetarian Times magazines). This included the mantle of an unused fireplace. It was very odd and not at all relevant to the setting (it was a building primarily made up of therapists' offices). I've also seen at least a few small scale protests surrounding foie gras (restaurants here have been vandalized by people protesting their use of it).

Note, I have definitely heard people talk about the atkins diet outside the internet, though not with any frequency lately. Keto, however, I've never heard in person outside of conversations surrounding epilepsy. Paleo on the other hand...