I just can't stay motivated to finish anything

Options
Hey everyone, the last couple of weeks I have been doing sooo bad... I lost 3 pounds, but now I have gained that back plus more. I don't know how to keep myself moving along with all of this. I get so upset with myself then I do even worse with my eating habits.. Just needed to vent.. Hope everyone else is doing good with their weight loss.

Replies

• gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    We all have our ups and downs. It is normal. I had times where I had a hard time staying motivated too. You have to find something that motivates you. I find that watching sports on t.v helps me stay motivated in keeping fit and eating right. Listening to music, can get your heart pumping too. Once you get into a rhythm of eating right and exercising, it will feel second nature to you. Keep at it you'll get it right.
  • ttrttrttr
    Options
    I'm having troubles right now too but never yell at yourself. If you slipped today it's ok do better tomorrow. If you ate too much at lunch, do better at dinner. Each trip is just a stumble don't make it a plunge. You can do this but you are human. Don't beat yourself up, mistakes will happen. Good luck!
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i think the worst thing you can do is hold onto those bad feelings that come from what you see as failing
    i do the same thing when i can't jog as far as i think i "should" be able to go
    i find something that works for me is to just take a deep breath, forgive myself, realize that I've done well just to try and thats more than most people can say, then start over tomorrow
  • militarywife100
    Options
    i get like that every once and a while too. I always go on youtube and watch vlogs on weightloss journeys to motivate me....or ill look up new work out routines. Or ill go buy myself a new workout outfit. That last one really helps cause i caant wait to get home and try them out! hahah Good luck!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I really know what you mean. When I feel like I'm not going to finish something this is what
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem this past week. I think we all have them from time to time. Maybe now is a chance for you to see how you can liven up your workout routine or find some new exercise to try. Maybe look on some websites for some healthy recipes that you've never tried before? Maybe that'll help get you over the hump?

Today, I totally blew lunch. I mean BLEW it (888 calories? WTH?)

BUT.....

I looked at what I could do tonite. I took that walk I didn't really want to take at break time. And now I'm feeling pretty darn good. My mood is better, which is putting me in a better frame of mind to tackle dinner.

For dinner, mom revealed we're going out to eat with the entire family after spreading my grandmother's ashes. It'll be a sit-down restaurant, so the choices will be minimally better. I can choose a lean meat, ask for extra veggies in place of the mashed potato or rice, ask for a fat-free or reduced calorie dressing for my salad, skip dessert and ask for water with lemon instead of soda! That way, this night won't be quite the bust I thought it would be.

You can do the same.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need a lil extra kick in the butt :o)
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I recently just went through the lack of motivation thing also. I started turning up the stereo when I was cleaning house and exercising. The beat of the music makes me want to get up and move and I burn more calories shaking my groove thing while I'm cleaning :smile: