2»

Replies

• zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    jmachiejr wrote: »
    I don't know why people think a low carb diet isn't sustainable. I've been in ketosis for 3 months and it's actually quite easy. I've lost around 60 lbs so far eating this way and I'm never hungry. In fact, many times my wife will remind me to eat something to make sure I get enough calories for the day. I don't count calories or log my food because I don't have to. I just watch the scale to make sure I'm still losing and not gaining.

What I will warn you about though is if you are a sugarholic like I am, you shouldn't just jump in to a low carb or keto type diet. I failed many times in the past for that reason. Just start cutting things out over a few months time. It will give your body the time it needs to adjust to eating less sugar. Once I did that it was easy to move to a low carb way of eating. I no longer crave those delicious starburst jelly beans I love so much :)

Low carb for me would be like a living hell. Great that works for you, but not everyone wants to eat that way.

Also, sad that you feel you can't ever have starburst jelly beans ever again.

This is how I thought too and I was always quick to jump into threads and be pretty critical about low carbing. I was definitely a HCLF kind of gal :) That all changed though, after I decided to try a lower carb way of eating recently. I was frustrated with where my weight was at, (I'm in maintenance but was dealing with some creep that I couldn't shake), and decided to try something completely new for me.

Come to find out eating lower carb has been a really good fit for me. I've lost the creep plus some, have had significant appetite reduction, I no longer think about food all the time and I no longer have that vague hunger feeling all day. It also took care of the bloating/gassiness I was experiencing with a higher carb woe. I'm actually losing too much weight now so I'm working on tweaking things a bit to get my weight stabilized. The whole thing has been a humbling exeprience and I've had to really adjust my views on some things.

Maybe you've actually tried low carb in the past and know from experience that it's not a good fit for you. But if you haven't, then you may be surprised at your experience with it if you ever gave it a go.
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I do low carb. But I am also diabetic. So, foods look pasta, rice, bread, and soda do not digest as easily. I would also note that bodybuilders before a competition limit their carbs. But that's hard to maintain on a long term basis. So honestly if you are looking for the abs, I would cut out the pasta, rice and of course soda.