- (Optional) 1 scoop of protein powder

(Makes 2-3 medium pancakes)

Fry for approx 2 minutes each side with 1kcal spray

sahw7n0jvfj7.jpeg
32udu0ylf7ke.png

Replies

• rebekah1213
    rebekah1213 Posts: 11 Member
    They really are! I add fruit and sometimes a few pieces of dark chocolate on top also
  • chefinleeds
    chefinleeds Posts: 3 Member
    Will try tommorow for sure with pea protein and date syrup
  • Celine123456782016
    Celine123456782016 Posts: 12 Member
    Holy cow excited to try these! I've tried blending whole grain oats in my magic bullet, and then just adding banana and dark semi chocolate chips! It's thick when you mix it but super tasty!
  • wendyzbridle
    wendyzbridle Posts: 1 Member
    Looks great! I'll be trying these on the am
  • gemz912
    gemz912 Posts: 1 Member
    These look fab will def try these, thx for idea
  • angpowers
    angpowers Posts: 83 Member
    I've tried several banana recipes and the consistency?
    ICK!!!!

They just aren't pancakes -- your's do look pretty though

I have found a delish protein packed pancake though that has whole wheat flour, plain greek yogurt and egg whites. Filling and the whole thing is like 350cals. So worth it haha

Nice having alternatives isn't it??
  • rebekah1213
    edited June 2016
    Yeah the consistency is really light, but the banana makes them sweet and filling!
    Oo sounds nice, I'll have to have ago at making them also :smile:
  • rebekah1213
    For any more recipes and pictures follow my Instagram @Rebekahjwright
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Mine never turn out like that, always end up with a scramble mess in the pan. I eat it, but looks terrible.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2016
    Mine always turn out great, love them with chopped walnuts too, always add a splash of vanilla extract as well. The key I've found is cooking them low & slow...and don't make them too big. Pour into pan & go make some coffee...

j0uh6h25gryr.jpg

we4qm8k5u70g.jpg

• rebekah1213
    Ooo they look very nice, and try making smaller ones that sometimes helps and you can flip them easier :smile:
  • Jturnbull7
    Jturnbull7 Posts: 7 Member
    They look unbelievable
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Mine never turn out like that, always end up with a scramble mess in the pan. I eat it, but looks terrible.

I made these this weekend. The trick is not to mess with them and not to flip them too soon. I had a high to medium high skillet.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Sub the bananas for VERY ripe plantains. Even better. And to make it even easier make these in the oven. No watching, no flipping, no fuss. Just spook the mixture on baking paper, into the oven at 350F for like 10 minutes done.
    Sub the bananas for VERY ripe plantains. Even better. And to make it even easier make these in the oven. No watching, no flipping, no fuss. Just spook the mixture on baking paper, into the oven at 350F for like 10 minutes done.

I love making pancakes in the toaster oven - they come out as one absolutely HUGE pancake/cake. My best trick is that if you are using egg whites to make the pancake (my high protein ones do), whip the egg whites first to give them volume then add the other stuff , then bake. They grow bigger than your head :) Same stats but feels like you are eating SO much more.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member

whoa oven, brilliant!
  • Hedgiemum
    Hedgiemum Posts: 38 Member
    They look and sound yummy..definitely making for breakfast tomorrow
  • ancalagonfire
    ancalagonfire Posts: 2 Member
    I was skeptical and then I looked at the ingredients, and was like well alrighty then. I'll have to try these XD
  • bear549
    bear549 Posts: 10 Member
    Have had this recipe in my head to make for ages and finally tried it.... Wow delicious !!!! Was gonna post a pic but they were gone in under a min oops!
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    this looks delicious, needing to try
  • jacq2911
    jacq2911 Posts: 11 Member
    I’ve been wanting to try this forever!