I need recipes for dinners!

Options
I need atleast 15 recipes and please NOOOO seafood or fish not a fan! I need help so i dont live off of frozen pizza! soo give all or any recipes you got! Thanks for your help!

Replies

• christyckr
    christyckr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I made this Monday Night the whole family loved them and they were so quick

Got the recipe from skinnytaste.com

TURKEY MEATLOAF CUPCAKES

1.3 LB GROUND 93% LEAN TURKEY
    2 TBSP MINCED ONION
    ½ CUP SEASONED BREADCRUMBS
    ¼ CUP KETCHUP
    1 EGG
    1 TSP SALT
    6 FOIL CUPCAKE LINERS

1 PACKAGE YUKON GOLD INSTANT MASHED POTATO’S

MIX TURKEY, ONION, BREADCRUMBS, KETCHUP, EGG AND SALT IN LARGE BOWL
    PORTION OUT MIXTURE AND PLACE IN CUPCAKE LINER
    BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 30 MINUTES

TOP WITH PREPARED MASH POTATO’S

SERVES 3 PEOPLE
    2 CUPCAKES IS A SERVING

CALORIES: 240.7 FAT: 8.5 G CARBS: 24.5 G PROTEIN: 18.1 G

:flowerforyou:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    google healthy recipes or go to foodnetwork.com and flip through the light recipes....
  • Delyla07
    Delyla07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    totally check out skinnytaste.com!! I made those cupcakes and have been eating them for my lunches all week they are soo good!! I also made the thai fried rice off that website for dinner last night!!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Ground Turkey Breast and Whole Grain Spahgetti with tomatoe sauce. Only 360 cals per serving!
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I saw that cupcake one and added it to my "try" list. :)
  • diane423
    diane423 Posts: 48
    Options
    grilled chicken with brown rice and any veggie .

Marinate whole chicken breats in balsamic vinegar, onion power, taragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper for at least 3 hrs.

grill the chicken until golden brown

brown rice- i use steam fresh just put in microwave.

veggies i sometime also marinate in olive oil and vinegar add some lawrys seasoning and just grill or bake or broil.

very easy quick dinner..

enjoy..
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    if im cooking during the week i kind of just go on a whim, i will spice chicken breast, and put some evoo in a pan and fry it up on both sides until golden brown, let rest....make a salad with spinach romaine and red leaf lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, celery, carrots, and mushrooms.....then slice the chicken and add on top. use fat free salad dressing and you are good to go. This is one of the meals i use for "holy cow im exhausted and don't feel like cooking" days

Or cut chicken into strips and spice and fry in evoo, add onion, mushrooms, zuchinni, and bellpeppers and yu can use the leaf of a raomine head as a wrap nad you have fajita wraps, add low fat sour cream or some guac if youd like
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The book "Now Eat This" is easy, full of great yummy recipes, is only like 26 dollars (that was in the book store ... I'm sure its less on Amazon), and super low calorie for things like Fettuccine alfredo, burgers, lasagna, and lots of other great stuff!

One thing I learned while using it for a ton of recipes? The parmesano-reggio cheese he recommends for like everything is expensive and not worth it. Regular parmesan adds a few calories the total, but I'm not rich enough to buy an 18 dollar wedge of cheese every three recipes.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    eatingwell.com
    tastykitchen.com...great recipes for the crockpot
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options

TURKEY MEATLOAF CUPCAKES

2 TBSP MINCED ONION
    ¼ CUP KETCHUP
    1 EGG
    1 TSP SALT
    6 FOIL CUPCAKE LINERS

SERVES 3 PEOPLE
    2 CUPCAKES IS A SERVING

That sounds yummy! I think I might give that a try sometime! Thanks! :)
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    cookinglight.com and sparkrecipes.com have great recipes, as well.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Made this the other night. It was in my Taste of Home Comfort Cooking Diet cookbook. Was very tastey. I think next time I make it I will just use the beans and not the ground beef. I used extra lean 93% and used whole wheat lasagna noodles. Was very tastey!!!
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Lasagna-Corn-Carne
    This could easily freeze for a make a head meal too!
    Enjoy
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I love the clean eating mag. You can find the recipes on their website. So many many good ones!
    If you have a crock-pot or slow cooker I make a crock pot chicken taco that is AMAZING and SO simple. Let me know if your interested. :smile:
  • sgiacherio
    Options
    Try cooking a few extra meals on a Sunday night (or whatever works best for you). Here are some of my favorite healthy recipes.

Spinach and Red Pepper Pita Pizza
    http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/spinach-pepper-pita-pizzas-recipe-mslo0610

Curried Chicken Salad
    (I use canned chick instead of tofu)
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/curried_tofu_salad.html

Yummy Enchiladas
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=35748&Source=SearchResultPage&terms=enchilada

Healthy Stuffed Peppers
    tons of flavor!!
    http://www.bethenny.com/2010/08/06/stuffed-peppers-recipe/

Yummy Michelle (it's named for my friend who makes it)
    delish stir fry or lo mein type thingy
    yakisoba or chinese noodles, red and green peppers, mushrooms, extra firm tofu (or chicken), garlic and hoison sauce. Brown tofu and garlic. At same time, cook noodles to package directions. Dice and throw in veggies to tofu skillet (mushrooms last or their be too soft) just enough to steam them with lid on. Mix them all in a bowl with 3-5 tblspoons of hoison sauce (taste to liking). Add pepper or crushed red pepper.

A quesadilla takes me less than 5 minutes on the stove. One tortilla shell, 1/2 cup of shredded mex cheese, 1/2 cup of black beans (rinsed first to greatly reduce the sodium), chicken if you want (we have also used leftover pulled pork-YUM!). Fold in half. Cook on med-high until each side is brown. It's kind of like making a grilled cheese, but you don't need to grease the frying pan or butter the tortilla.

A grilled cheese is another option with low cal bread like an Arnold sandwich thin or a pita. Maybe cook some sandwich meat ham or turkey in with the cheese.

Hope I gave you some helpful ideas! Good luck!!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options

TURKEY MEATLOAF CUPCAKES

2 TBSP MINCED ONION
    ¼ CUP KETCHUP
    1 EGG
    1 TSP SALT
    6 FOIL CUPCAKE LINERS

SERVES 3 PEOPLE
    2 CUPCAKES IS A SERVING

That sounds yummy! I think I might give that a try sometime! Thanks! :)

I agree! This sounds awesome! :D
  • SurvivingBC
    SurvivingBC Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found this cookbook - Taste of Home Comfort Food DIET Cookbook. It has fabulous recipes. I've tried several. Here are a couple of them I really liked. They sound complicated, but are really quick to make. Very filling and the serving is large if you like to eat. I only ate 1/2 a serving and was stuffed!

TURKEY FETTUCINE SKILLET
    8 oz uncooked fettucine
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 teaspoon canola oil
    1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    2 cups fat-free milk
    1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons cornstarch
    1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast (I made it with chicken)
    3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    **Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and sir until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk, seasoning blend and salt. Bring to a boil.
    **Mix cornstarch and half-and-half until smooth; stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese just until melted.
    **Stir in turkey (chicken). Drain fettucine; add to mixture. Heath through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Put lid on skillet until cheese in melted. Just a minute or so. Eat up! Yummmm
    CALORIES: 361 FAT: 7 CARBS: 38 - Kind of high on carbs But like I said, servings are large and I only ate 1/2

BEEF VEGETABLE STIR-FRY
    4/ 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
    4 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, DIVIDED
    1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch strips
    2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
    2 medium onions, halved and thinly slcied
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
    **In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce until smooth. Add beef; stir to coat.
    **In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the green peppers and onions in oil for 3 minutes; add beef. Cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until the befies are tender and meat is no longer pink. Stir in the remaining soy sauce. Yummm
    CALORIES: 254 FAT: 9 CARBS: 17

Both recipes were a big hit with the family if you have kids.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    How do i post a recipe that i have in my recipe box here? I have a quiche that i just entered today, thats great for any meal, dinner lunch and breakfast.
  • Codyinaz623
    Options
    Some of my favorites....

Bell pepper Pizza-topped with anything you like on your pizza and grilled-great with chicken or turkey sausage or turkey pepperoni
    Grilled Teriyaki chicken with brown rice and veggies-I have a killer low fat/cal marinade-fabulous on boneless, skinless thighs
    Grilled chicken tacos or fish tacos(I know you said no fish) with homeade pico and fat free refried beans...you don't miss the cheese and sour cream with all the flavor
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I love the clean eating mag. You can find the recipes on their website. So many many good ones!
    If you have a crock-pot or slow cooker I make a crock pot chicken taco that is AMAZING and SO simple. Let me know if your interested. :smile:

This is my go to for finding recipes too. And the cookbooks Tosca Reno put out are amazing.