Returning home to this great community

Options
I have been a part of this community off and on for years. I had so much support and great friends here. It made a big difference in my life and got me through a lot. I congratulate those I see are still here and I welcome the new faces. I am back for some more support and excited to meet others. Have a great day and know this is the first step towards health and happiness

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,320 Member
    Options
    I too have been off and on this site since 2009....I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts....I will not do that anymore....I need this more than ever since I am a newly type II diabetic.....You are welcome to add me ..I would love to support/encourage/cheer you while you are on your journey :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! As you say, there are many great people here!

I am in a super friendly, super supportive group, if that's an appealing thought. It's set up as a monthly challenge between five teams, with the aim being for all of us to lose weight and to support each other on the journey:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10743634/june-2019-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-support-group-registration-page

Best of luck, however you tackle your goals!
  • Skipper111
    Skipper111 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I to am returning after a break from MFP that turned out to be a lot longer than I had planned (or hoped).

Thanks for the positive and motivating comments! Reminded me why I came back here!
  • sarahhinkle20
    sarahhinkle20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OP: can you tell me what your current goals are this time around?
    Meagan_Smart: I'm sorry to hear you have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. How did you feel when you heard the news? Was it shocking to you or did you figure that it was coming based on symptoms you were experiencing? I hate to say it but sometimes it takes a medical condition OTHER than the extra weight to motivate change.