Mexican Restaurant

Options
I am going out to eat with family tonight at a local Mexican restaurant that doesn't have their nutrition available. I've eaten light today to help plan for the meal and have around 900cals left for the day. What are your meal suggestions?

Side note: I'm currently abstaining from red meat and my normal go to is chicken nachos which I know is off the table because of chips and lots of cheese.

Replies

• StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas with the grilled veggies and just skip the tortilla.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I'd probably go with Chicken or Fish (not fried) Taco's and a side salad personally. Also, I really like the chips and salsa that you get for free at most Mexican places, so if they have a salad on the menu, I'd probably choose that so that I could eat some chips :)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Look at a menu from a Mexican restaurant that does have calories listed on their menu and that should give you an idea about what options might be best. It won't be accurate but maybe will help in estimating calories.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I had nachos for dinner last night, why are they off the table? Cheese and chips are delicious. If you don't eat out often, I would eat whatever sounds tasty and I wouldn't worry about it. If you can't do that, chicken fajitas are the lowest calorie Mexican meal I can think of.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    If they have a good carne asada, get that. And either stay away from the chips and dip or severely limit them if that is in your abilities (is not in mine, lol).

eta: just saw you're not eating red meat, so nevermind on the carne asada. I second the chicken fajitas sans the tortillas then
  • CourtneyLank22
    CourtneyLank22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    VioletRojo wrote: »
    I had nachos for dinner last night, why are they off the table? Cheese and chips are delicious. If you don't eat out often, I would eat whatever sounds tasty and I wouldn't worry about it. If you can't do that, chicken fajitas are the lowest calorie Mexican meal I can think of.

Because I do not have the willpower to say no to over indulging on chips and cheese... they are a weakness! haha
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options

Ditto on this. Some restaurants also have fajita salads, or you may be able to request a side salad instead of tortillas and build your own.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas or chicken tacos or pretty much chicken anything besides enchiladas should be under 900 calories.
  • mnbell2013
    mnbell2013 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually order steak or chicken fajitas and put the grilled meat and veggies on top of the plate of side items (lettuce, salsa, guacamole etc) to make a sort-of salad. It's my go-to meal at most Mexican restaurants.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options

Even with the tortillas this should still be under 900 cal
  • CourtneyLank22
    CourtneyLank22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Sounds like I'm going to go with chicken fajitas!