Beach Body on Demand

Options
seabs88
seabs88 Posts: 11 Member
Does anyone use this? I'm just starting working out again at 55 and I have about 40 lbs to lose. I'm wondering if they're too advanced, worth the subscription, etc. Any comments/suggestions?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I dont pay for a subscription when there is so much for free. Check your library, ask if they do interlibrary loans for items they don't have. Check YouTube for fun videos.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I don't use the on-demand feature, but I do love the beach body programs, and they will say in the description if they are suitable for beginners.

They also offer a 14 day free trial, so you can give them a shot and cancel if you don't find something you like.

My favorite is probably P90X3 for overall balance, or Brazil Butt Lift if I'm trying to grow the glutes.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I cancelled my subscription a couple years ago (I have 21 day fix and P90x on DVD so it was just redundant). I'm going to be renewing again soon because I want to try Core de Force.

They have a variety of programs so you'll likely to find one that suits you. Even a novice can do the more "advanced" ones - you just go at your own pace.

Having said all that, there are a lot of free videos on youtube. I personally like Fitness Blender.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    It is a good value for the money. There are hundreds of different programs depending on your ability and fitness goals.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror every morning and demand a beach body.

Hasn’t worked yet.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I like it. I get bored with programs easily, so the fact that I can do bits and pieces of all of them is nice.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    They give modifications in all the programs. I still have to modify many exercises after working out for 5 yrs at age 64. Don’t feel bad about it. Many people need to modify due to injuries, limitations etc