Not losing weight but counting calories and carbs!

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    BTW - why not a cheat MEAL instead of a cheat DAY? On one day I can quite easily consume 5000+ calories. Which makes all my hard work during the week go down the toilet.

HOwever, if I set a max calorie goal for one day, say 2500, I will eat normally all day and then have one nice big hearty solid meal of whatever it may be with all the sides and so on and still come in around the set target and not go absolutely stupid.
  • mlk1987
    mlk1987 Posts: 23 Member
    So should I cut cheat days out all together? I find that a diet is not sustainable for me unless I have one .. also should I not eat back excerrsize calories at all? This could also be what’s causing it and I tried Keto with no gallbladder and I got really sick with digestive issues almost had to go to Er so I
    I think maybe I was eating too much fat
  • mlk1987
    Sorry I didn’t read the comment before this that sounds like a good idea just a new calorie goal on days I want to have a cheat meal but I will say this one cheat days I only have 1 meal that day I just eat whatever I want and what ever I want sweet/chocolate/sugary after that but I only eat one meal a day on cheat days
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    One thing you might try is eating at your maintenance calories one day per week. That way even if you are slowing down your weight loss, at least you know you aren’t going backwards. The main thing is to log everything, even “cheat meals” so you know where you are and why.
  • mlk1987
    I will try this! Thank you
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,474 Member
    mlk1987 wrote: »
    Yes three years of logging besides holidays and I always have a cheat day on the weekends maybe that’s doing it? But the thing is I used to do the same thing before gallbladder surgery and always lost even with a cheat day but I will try and set this tk public so maybe I can get suggestions

I got to my highest weight a few years ago by eating reasonably during the week ... and losing a little bit of weight. Then throwing caution to the wind on the weekends ... and gaining a little bit of weight.

It took a long time, but gradually I put on more and more weight.

I have found that if I'm going to lose weight, I have to keep on top of it 24/7.

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,111 Member
    Sorry I didn’t read the comment before this that sounds like a good idea just a new calorie goal on days I want to have a cheat meal but I will say this one cheat days I only have 1 meal that day I just eat whatever I want and what ever I want sweet/chocolate/sugary after that but I only eat one meal a day on cheat days

Why not just factor in something sweet into your normal day? If you're eating back your exercise calories that would easily account for a chocolate bar or snack or having some sort of fast food in moderation?
  • kpennick83
    kpennick83 Posts: 1 Member
    i had the same problem however i have now upped my calories to 1450 a day and keep it all the same every day - so no cheat days!
    then its easy to maintain
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    I don’t believe in cheat days, or even cheat meals. Treat meals for special occasions, yes. But “cheat” makes it seem like I’m doing something wrong or bad. I much prefer fitting treats into my daily or weekly calorie goal than saving it up to “go crazy and cheat.” Eating in a way that’s sustainable long term is a better strategy for keeping the weight off once you’re theough “dieting.”
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Any chance you'd be willing to open your diary? Without solid information we're all just guessing. With three years of solid logging and no losses, the issues should be easy to spot.
  • mlk1987
    Thanks so much .. I did open my diary it should be open
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Thanks so much .. I did open my diary it should be open

It still appears closed or possibly set to friends only.
  • mlk1987
    I think I fixed it! Lol .. would love any insight on diet changes!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I can see a lot of things like 1 cup, tbsp, piece, medium, pat, slice, etc...
    Some people can get away with logging like this, but it's obviously not working for you. A best first step is to try and weigh everything you use. How much is a pat of butter anyway? I'm curious how it's measured. Do you measure it with a ruler?