Supplements for cheaper

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm currently getting my supplement stack from GNC and just feel like it's getting pricier and pricier every time i go. does any one have any other places they like to get their supplements?
i'm currently getting preworkout, bcaas, protein and sometimes citrulline.

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    What do you feel you need supplements for? Pretty much everything you need for weight loss and nutrition can be found in the foods you eat. Supplements are poorly regulated and often have little to no effect on the things they claim. You can save a lot by not buying them at all.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I buy supplements, but none on your list. I used to get them on iherb.com, but have mostly transitioned to Amazon. I also have access to https://www.emersonecologics.com through a family member. I started getting my plain protein powder from https://www.swansonvitamins.com after the price went up on Amazon.

When my dog had cancer I learned a valuable lesson in how much cheaper the same med could be from different sources. And that the vet is always the highest price. So now I take a few minutes to shop around. (Yes, supplements aren't meds, but the same principle applies.)
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of myprotein and have been for a few years. Direct-to-consumer model is convenient, they're always running sales/promo codes, there's a rewards points system, and I've not found anything to surpass the value. I get my protein, creatine, and preworkout from them. Have tried their BCAAs but have doubts of the overall necessity of their use so I stopped using them. I've never personally taken citrulline but i know they have it available in their line.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    What do you feel you need supplements for? Pretty much everything you need for weight loss and nutrition can be found in the foods you eat. Supplements are poorly regulated and often have little to no effect on the things they claim. You can save a lot by not buying them at all.

I'd have to eat liverwurst all day long to get the iron I get from my supplement ;)

I also have a tested vitamin D deficiency.

And you can pry my protein coffee smoothie from my cold dead hands :lol:
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I buy individual supplements from BulkSupplements.com. They don't have the pre-mixed sweet drinks, just a huge variety of the individual elements. I order beet powder, beta-alanine, citrulline and creatine powders and use them in a smoothie with yogurt, fruit and Syntrax Nectar Protein most mornings. My more vitamin-type supplements (B complex, vitamin D, potassium, etc.) come from either Walgreens or Amazon.