New forum member-seeking weight loss buddies

Options
Hi I am new to the site. I signed up about a year ago but completely forgot about. Right now I am committed to losing weight-I went on a vacation and lost about 15 pounds-I felt amazing! Then I got back and promptly gained every pound back and an additional 10 lbs besides. Now at my heaviest weight I feel like I finally just have to do something. I can no longer accept my weight gain. I am hoping to lose about 30 lbs although 40 would be absolutely incredible. I hope that by utilizing this site I can stick with my plans and achieve my goal (I really don't have alot of discipline). So if anyone out there needs some support on their journey-well I could use some too. I am really not too active but I'd like to change that. I don't eat enough to gain weight however I usually only eat one meal and it's late in the evening. Going most of the day without food is doing nothing for my metabolism. Would love to hear comments, advice, success stories, etc.

Replies

• chedeco
    chedeco Posts: 109
    Options
    Add me, I'd LOVE a buddy!
  • kristiniki
    Options
    I am brand-new, just signed today! Feel free to add me. I absolutely could use a buddy!
  • tilaisabel
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me as well. I just formed a group dedicated to helping one another in reaching our goal by designated time periods. Right now we are all dedicated to helping one another reach a goal by new years. If interested in joining you can add me and on my profile you will find the first group post. :-)
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you can gladly add me.:flowerforyou:
  • TGATSON25
    Options
    Hello I am new to and seeking a weight loss buddies to.
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Buddies are so helpful on this site.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    add me ...the more the merrier!
  • Setapart8
    Options
    I've just started myself but I do love helping can you start by packing breakfast and lunch to make sure you eat the right amount of calories just a suggestion.
  • scj0409
    scj0409 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've started on the website a cople of weeks ago and I have lost 3 lbs already. It's been great intearacting with online buddies, very motivating. I'm looking to lose a similar amount of weight to you. Feel free to add me as a buddy and we can offer eachother support.
  • phedre87
    phedre87 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow...I really was not expecting so many responses so quickly...Anyone feel free to friend me as I guess I've reached my limit already :). My current weight is 160 lb and I am 5'1". My goal is 130 though 120 would be great. I plan on doing this by exercising a few times a week in addition to my dog walking (currently I walk my dog 2-3 times every day-10-20 min walks). Right now I'm thinking jogging, yoga on instant netflix, and dancing. Eventually I would like to work up to working out 5x a week and maybe getting a gym membership (once I get a job and am not so low on money) and doing some weight training. As far as diet goes I don't want to put too much of a restriction on myself however I really believe that processed foods have alot to do with how overweight we are. So I am going to try and eat things that are organic and not overly processed. I would also like to try eating vegetarian 4 days a week...cut down on meat. So if anyone has delicious veggie recipes I am interested. Also I am going to try my hardest to make myself eat a small breakfast and lunch to get my metabolism back into gear.
  • lublin1987
    Options
    Hi.
    You can add me too. Looking for buddies and support
  • mjativa
    mjativa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just signed up on Monday. add me if you like! :D
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Please add me as well, love the support here on MFP!! :flowerforyou:

Rachael
  • capreezy
    Options
    add me up, been doing this for a month myself and so far so good!