Things giving you stress/anger/anxiety etc:

pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
I was having a good day. Until the kids got home. Work was good, until the boss came over and needed reports "yesterday". Was a beautiful drive to the store until I was stuck behind old geezer Gus going 5 mph. What in your life gave or is giving you stress? Sometimes its good to let it go so post it here. Then you can be free of the stress, anger, irritation, anxiety....whatever.... and feel better.

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    Teenagers are giving me stress. I was just spoken to in a smart *kitten* way because "I'm typing so loud". And yelled at because so and so got a suitcase, and the ones we have are either too big or too small so they are "unacceptable".
  • pizzamyheart
    Nerve pain. Not fun.
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    How the *kitten* do magnets work
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Just the amount of stuff I have going on right now. 95% of it is for the kids so it's not like I can cut any of it out, but always having something to do/somewhere to be and always going to bed knowing I didn't finish everything, then starting the next day with some of yesterday's to do list plus a new one for today gets to me sometimes.
    Said almost all parents at some point... so I know I'm not unique or special in this.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    That guy that sits behind me, that dude is one high strung MF
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Too much talking gives me stress. It’s almost like air to a balloon. It can take so much before it pops. So often times I need to go take ten and decompress.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    How the *kitten* do magnets work

Magic <insert link to ICP's "Miracles" here>
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Cat hair
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Also leggings that attract cat hair

Thank goodness its the weekend soon
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    *kitten* internet/computer issues at work and a worthless IT company my work uses. Every single day is a new adventure trying to do your job.
    I want to day drink.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    My kids schedules and trying to everything all at once. While not losing yourself in the wonderful parenting adventure :)

Kidding aside, I do love going to my kids activities but trying to balance it all is stressful!
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    The ex that hounds me about everything and just won't leave me alone at all.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    anxiety: am i working out enough or not challenging myself? Should i sign up for a gym or keep doing what I'm doing? etc in that vein of thought.
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    Setting goals for myself and not achieving them. And then trying to figure out if my goals were too ambitious or if I just didn't try hard enough. This is why I used to never set the time part of goals (i.e., do X by Y date or before Z happens...). And now I'm down on myself because the "deadline" I set it almost here and I still haven't lost the weight and/or can't see the specific changes in my body I wanted.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Nothing

I don’t give stress or anxiety the permission to bother me.
  • John5877
    John5877 Posts: 12 Member
    I work a family company that was sitting around the table one night and says “we need more engineers. John, will you go get an engineering degree if I pay for it?”

And 3 days later, even though I have a doctorate in something else, I was enrolled to get a degree in mechanical engineering.

Undergrad “busy work” stresses me tfo. I’m not the student who has to do all this “feces” to learn material and be successful.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Slow people. Ones who talk, walk, think, act & most of all, drive slow. MOVE OUTTA MY WAY!!!!
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    Slow people. Ones who talk, walk, think, act & most of all, drive slow. MOVE OUTTA MY WAY!!!!

Ludacris wrote an anthem for you