hey, NEWbie here :)

Options
Pollywog39
Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
So, I have a physical about a month ago - all of my health indicators are good! Blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose, even my triglycerides were down! Yay!..And then we talk weight. Now, REALLY DOC, I am NOT that overweight............and then she says the "O" word! WHAT??? Yup - my BMI and weight indicate I'm on the edge of obesity!!! Nooooooooooooooo!!! Truly, I am only about 30ish lbs above what I SHOULD be...........but that ONE WORD made me think, a lot.

A number of years ago, I'd done the food chart thing, and it kinda worked for me - so I went and bought a few little spiral-bound notebooks and began my own personal challenge. I found the MFP site cuz they had a nice nutrition/food list.......but didn't really think much about JOINING, until I mentioned to my younger sister that I'd been doing this, and she whipped out her phone and said, "Have you seen THIS site?" Well, golly gosh, there she had MFP on her PHONE!

The next day, I signed on........that was about a week ago.......and it's a really cool tool for charting it ALL! I've lost 3 since joining (7 in all - but who's counting? well, I AM!!) It's been a LONG time since I've felt this motivated. I hope to hang around a LONG time! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• scj0409
    scj0409 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You have a great positive attitude. I started using MFP on my phone too but now I've got hooked on the site and have lost 3 lbs since I started. I wish you well with your journey. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • sasy_sfinx
    Options
    hi, great start well done.
    know what you mean, even though it's only day 2 for me still impressed by everything available on here :) x
  • bbankert
    Options
    Hey there, I don't normally post anything on anyone else's page but I wanted to let you know that this app works. I've lost 55 lbs since February. If you log everything in and maintain discipline, you WILL lose weight. I've tried Atkins, South Beach, starving, etc... nothing works like this. Three lbs down... you're on the right track. Best of luck to you. If I can do it, anyone can!!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hello and welcome,:flowerforyou:
    You are doing great already and you will absolutely love this site!
    People here are just like you and me all with similar issues...

I wish you continued success on this wild journey, add me
    if you'd like for additional support and motivation and make
    sure you make your diary public for your friends to see so that
    they can guide and critique if necessary! Have fun and happy losing!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone..............This seems like such a positive place! I like HAPPY people - life is so much better that way.

Hugs to all :love: