Probiotic/Digestive System Supplement?

Options
Awhile ago I was using Christopher’s Lower Bowel supplement and never felt better. However, after 4 or 5 months I started getting stomach cramps. I stopped it for a month and the cramps went away. I tried it again just to see and the cramps came back almost immediately. I haven’t found anything since that makes me feel as good as Christopher’s did pre-cramping. Anyone know of something? As a side note, my husband still uses Christopher’s and does just fine on it,

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes things work great at first but then our bodies just start rejecting it for some reason,same as how someone can drink milk forever then one day just can't tolerate it anymore
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    What symptoms caused you to start taking the supplement? If you’re having digestive symptoms, you need to get them checked out by a doctor, rather than relying on a supplement.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I take Jarrow Formulas Sacharomyces Boulardii & MOS and am no longer prone to getting yeast infections.

I was happy with another brand for years and years, but then had to stop taking probiotics with Lactobacilli as they were the likely culprit in triggering another female-specific condition.
  • JolleyRanch
    JolleyRanch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No serious symptoms just wanted to be more 'regular' and have less bloating, etc. My information is taking fiber supplements makes the bowels 'lazy' and dependent on the fiber supplement. So a friend recommended Christopher's. But I guess this could follow the same principle, but again, even on the fiber I didn't feel as good as when I was taking Christopher's. Since then, I've been using probiotics from the health store. It's been ok, just not as great as Christopher's. :)
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I take Garden of Life Mood Probiotics, the Mood specific blend. My therapist suggested probiotics, I can't say it helped specifically because I started taking them along with many other changes in my life, but I'm at the best place I can ever remember being in my mental health.

Anyway, the kids take Schiff gummy probiotics.

We also eat a lot of homemade yogurt.