Can someone provide me with a 2000 kcal meal ?

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new here !

According to the estimations I need to elaborate a single meal with the following macros :

170g pro
88g fat
148g carbs

With a maximum of a 2000 kcal .

I have no idea what such a meal would look like can someone help with this ?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    Why in the world are you trying to do this?

I couldn't eat that much protein in one meal if my life depended on it. The carbs and fat, yeah.
  • RelentlessWyll
    RelentlessWyll Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I guess I will split it in two separate but identical meals then but I just don't know what to put in it ...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,081 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Put some things in your diary that you like eating, and vary the amounts and items until you hit the macros you need. Then eat that.

Close is fine for the macros, you don't have to hit them precisely exactly.

ETA: To lose or gain weight, calories are what matters. Macros are for nutrition, satiety and possibly body composition.

Also, those macros add up to 2064 calories using the standard calorie figures for carbs/protein/fats, so it will be tough to be exact anyway. ;)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Don’t know about the macros. Did a search on the web. At Burger King, a double whopper with cheese, onion rings and a vanilla shake has 2000 calories. At Sonic, don’t even need a meal, just a large peanut butter bacon shake? Many fast food meals made the calories easily.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @RelentlessWyll Look at your food diary. It has a default arrangement of meals called Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks. You have the ability to organize it into 6 meals with any name you want.

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list is a website that has all the nutrients of all the foods you can imagine. No, it doesn't organize things by recipes. It's organized by basic ingredients.

If you want protein, you'll find it in the flesh of air, land, and sea animals. You'll find protein in nuts, eggs and dairy products.

If you want fat, you'll find it in most air, land, and sea animals as well as in nuts, eggs, and dairy.

Some of the most protein dense foods you can find, those with lots of protein and little fat or carbs, are canned tuna and the skinless breast of turkey or chicken.

Some of the best fat foods you can find are the salt-water fish such as sardines and salmon. These give a good supply of Omega-3 fatty acids.

As you figure your eating plans, keep in mind that 30 grams protein in a single meal can be completely digested and incorporated in your body. There is no amount of protein you should not eat, but too much can lead to your food passing through your gut too quickly to be completely digested.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options

According to the estimations I need to elaborate a single meal with the following macros :

170g pro
    88g fat
    148g carbs

With a maximum of a 2000 kcal

18 fortified non-fat Twinkies hits that about perfectly.

(bad joke)

I'd make something you like. Get the stats. Then adjust it a little so it is closer to this target. The repeat until you get there. Good luck

• RelentlessWyll
    RelentlessWyll Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies they all motivated me to try to do my own food composition based on my goals.

Special thanks to @JeromeBarry1 for your detailed comment, the website you linked is absolutely amazing in terms of data collection, but unfortunately or rather fortunately most of my nutrition is based of natural products non synthetic directly bought from local producers, so the caloric value may not be exactly those refered on the Inernet.

Nevertheless I'm still using it to get an estimation of my intake.

For now I'm thinking of a simple diet that would orbit around rice, vegetables and a variety of animal meats.
    I hope it won't be too hard to eat.

Originally I wanted to greatly decrease the number of times I had to eat, just to keep my insulin levels as low as possible throughout the day.

But i figured it's really hard to eat a 2000 kcal healthy meal so that's why i have to split into two separate ones. Plus if i eat only twice that's still not so bad.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies they all motivated me to try to do my own food composition based on my goals.

Special thanks to @JeromeBarry1 for your detailed comment, the website you linked is absolutely amazing in terms of data collection, but unfortunately or rather fortunately most of my nutrition is based of natural products non synthetic directly bought from local producers, so the caloric value may not be exactly those refered on the Inernet.

For now I'm thinking of a simple diet that would orbit around rice, vegetables and a variety of animal meats.

Originally I wanted to greatly decrease the number of times I had to eat, just to keep my insulin levels as low as possible throughout the day.

But i figured it's really hard to eat a 2000 kcal healthy meal so that's why i have to split into two separate ones. Plus if i eat only twice that's still not so bad.

Is there any particular reason you are concerned with your insulin levels?

As a diabetic I can tell you if I ate 150g carbs at one sitting, my blood glucose, and eventually my insulin levels, would skyrocket. But that’s much less of a concern for a normal person with a healthy liver and pancreas. If you aren’t having problems with insulin resistance or reactive hypoglycemia there’s no need to fiddle about with either eating giant meals or the opposite, the six tiny meals. Eat however makes you comfortable and satisfied and allows you to fuel your workouts.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    *replans tomorrows food to put pizza in.....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options

170g pro
    88g fat
    148g carbs

With a maximum of a 2000 kcal .

I have no idea what such a meal would look like can someone help with this ?

What are your goals? What are you trying to accomplish? What is your drive behind joining MFP?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options

I suggest taking another look at the website that was suggested to you (the USDA one). They are a very good source of nutrition information for "natural products non synthetic directly bought from local producers". Or another way of saying that, produce, meat, and dairy products that are have been very minimally or not at all processed. Do know that you'll want to use a kitchen scale to help calculate the calories though.