Weigh 329 lbs eating 1,500 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are not eating back at least a portion of your exercise calories, or have deliberately chosen an inaccurate activity level, you are not using MFP the way it was intended. 1500 is already the bare minimum for men... if you are netting less than that due to activity, that puts you in unsafe territory, particularly if you aren't under a doctor's care.
  • amandacradduck
    amandacradduck Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I think you are doing exactly the right thing :) You are right on track. Keep it up and good luck! :)
  • Corptheater
    Corptheater Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So, since I don't like it when people don't post the outcome after a discussion such as this, I figured I should say how it went.

I ended up following my plan to the T and won! I felt fine during the entire process. I wasn't ever hungry, tired and I didn't experience any medical issues. This was a great experience but I think if I decide to do another one of these bets I will make sure to work harder to meet the goal at a steadier pace.

Since I saw people posting about Dietbet a lot on here I want to make it clear I didn't use Dietbet. I don't like it when the time constraints are set for you. I used HealthyWage. I can choose the amount of weight I want to lose and how long I want the bet to last. Again, even with that, I still procrastinated. lol However, I did learn my lesson. :)
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone expected you to have "medical issues" for a short term burst like that. It is if you do it for a long time that is a problem. It may also be a problem if you have been pushing your weight loss to the outer limits for a long time and then tried to push harder.

Congrats on winning I suppose. I can't be too cheery about an idea I don't like I am afraid.
  • Corptheater
    edited June 2019
    Options
    As I posted earlier, I have no plans of pushing this plan out any further.

And..thanks...I suppose.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yes, congratulations on winning! More importantly, congratulations on losing a lot of weight that will hopefully make you healthier, happier, and more able to do more things, so happier again. Win, Win, Win, Win!
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss OP !

You've gone all out to get informed before you start which was good thinking.

There is always a lot of judgement / side eye on these forums, especially if you arent doing what other people think you should.

Ultimately, your life, your choices ! Again, well done !
  • NovusDies
    Options
    OooohToast wrote: »
    Congrats on the weight loss OP !

You've gone all out to get informed before you start which was good thinking.

There is always a lot of judgement / side eye on these forums, especially if you arent doing what other people think you should.

Ultimately, your life, your choices ! Again, well done !

We see a lot of people come through here and while the OP may have been well-suited for the challenge others may think it is a good idea but employ water fasts and whose knows what else to win.
  • Corptheater
    edited June 2019
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    We see a lot of people come through here and while the OP may have been well-suited for the challenge others may think it is a good idea but employ water fasts and whose knows what else to win.

Wow!! Who said anything about water fasts and “who knows what else”!!

I detailed out exactly what I was going to do and there was nothing in there about water fasts. After I finished each meal I was content. I was also able to incorporate snacks into the plan. There was no fasting or rigging of the system. I had a plan and I stuck to it.

Also, OooohToast. Thank you. I really appreciate it. :)

• NovusDies
    Options

I detailed out exactly what I was going to do and there was nothing in there about water fasts. After I finished each meal I was content. I was also able to incorporate snacks into the plan. There was no fasting or rigging of the system. I had a plan and I stuck to it.

You should re-read. I said other people might try to do that. They certainly do it for non-monetary reasons.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Part of the forums is that people sometimes generalise or reference their often extensive (and quality) experience of other threads.

Although this may be relevant in a more abstract debate about what someone has or hasnt done and why, it may not actually be relevant to the you, the OP.

I cannot tell you how many OP's ask a question about what they want to do (informed or otherwise) and there is long list of responses beneath from posters dismissing them, telling them how wrong they are, or just chatting amongst themselves.

The takeway for you OP is that this is not personal - its the nature of these boards.

You did good !
  • Corptheater
    Options
    I appreciate the clarification OooohToast. :)